i just got my guitar back from the shop for trem adjustments because it got really ****ed up.

as soon as i started tuning it... every time i got the strings to the right notes and locked them in, i'd come back later and it would be flat by like 2 steps. so i kept tightening until i realized that bridge was raised up like a full inch.

i loosened the strings, and the bridge is lower but still higher than before, and it's like impossible to tune. what should i do?
every time i tune one string, the other ones change. i can never get them to match up, and it's going to be impossible to do alternate tunings if i can even get this to work. is this what's supposed to happen with a trem? my old guitar had a ****ty trem but i never had this problem (i just got this one a few weeks ago, but i needed to take it to the shop because of what happened)
every time i tune one string, the other ones change. i can never get them to match up, and it's going to be impossible to do alternate tunings if i can even get this to work. is this what's supposed to happen with a trem? my old guitar had a ****ty trem but i never had this problem (i just got this one a few weeks ago, but i needed to take it to the shop because of what happened)

Don't take it back to the shop because there's nothing wrong with it...the problem you have is inherent in ALL floating trems. You simply have to keep going back over your tuning, yes it's a hassle, but that's the price you pay for improved tuning stability and whammy wankage. Also forget about alternate tunings because it's simply not worth the hassle. Also, make sure your strings are THOUROUGHLY stretched...they will keep going out of tune until you stretch them.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com