Hey i just started learning this song today, and i haven't really gotten that far. I was surprised at how long it took me compared to all the cheap metal i have been playing lately. anywho has anyone else here ever learned this song, anything i should know, or do u have any tips? any feedback would be helpful.
play the major chords that are usually barred with you thumb. its hard to explain but its playing a C chord the wrapping your thumb around it
This, in my quite humble opinion, may be the finest electric guitar playing in recorded history, seriously. Take your sweet sweet time with it, have you tried any Hendrix before? You have to get used to the thumb over the neck bass note playing and god damn just listen to that vibrato and the intonation on those bends! You have to take all your time and don't try to "get by" get this one as close as humanly possible and you will be one of the best guitarist in your whole area. Listen to the nitty gritty details that add the personality to the sound and focus on those, and you'll be practicing the right stuff. I've been drinking, cheers
Quote by zackk
seriously though, listen to DaliLama.
Quote by Arthur Curry
My spidey sense tells me some mothafuckas are gonna be BANNED.
Quote by DaliLama
This, in my quite humble opinion, may be the finest electric guitar playing in recorded history, seriously. Take your sweet sweet time with it, have you tried any Hendrix before? You have to get used to the thumb over the neck bass note playing and god damn just listen to that vibrato and the intonation on those bends! You have to take all your time and don't try to "get by" get this one as close as humanly possible and you will be one of the best guitarist in your whole area. Listen to the nitty gritty details that add the personality to the sound and focus on those, and you'll be practicing the right stuff. I've been drinking, cheers

are you talking about hendrix or SRV? both versions are incredible imo, and as you said the best recordings in a long time
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
play the major chords that are usually barred with you thumb. its hard to explain but its playing a C chord the wrapping your thumb around it

ahhh, i just thought about it and i understand what u mean. thanx!
also i was wondering if anyone here used a microcube that could tell me a could setting to put on to get a good SRV sound