what is best to start with, the lyrics or the guitar? and if guitar, whats best to start with, the chorus?

Thanks a ton!!!
am ate all ur peanutbutterz!!!

me: had to mow the lawn...
fishy****187: lol mow my lawn
fishy****187: if you know what i mean
hahaha
i'm pretty sure this is going to get closed/moved elsewhere, but! i think it depends. it can work well either way. if you have a set of lyrics that fit a guitar part yr working on, great [this is how i usually do it]. if you have a guitar part and words just come together as yr writing, fantastic [some of my best songs have happened like that, by chance]. either way works, either way is great. just keep working on stuff and it will start to fall together!
I find it easier to write guitar first, then you have a rhythm and melody to write words around.

And just right whatever first, see what works best for the chorus and verse.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
For me its definately the lyrics. By doing the lyrics u cna kind of find the tempo or the beat and from than on just put guitar in.
"You've got to dance like nobody else is watching.
Dream like you will live forever.
Live like you're going to die tomorrow,
and love like it is never gonna hurt."
-- James Dean (1931-1955)

Quote by JakeTheDuck
This man has the right idea.

^
oh yeahhh
Its different for everyone im sure...I prefer to start with the lyrics so I can create the music to fit the emotion of the song. For example if its a very happy song then I will have "happy" music a long with it. Start with whatever you feel comfortable with
31G
Quote by Warsaw1
Its different for everyone im sure...I prefer to start with the lyrics so I can create the music to fit the emotion of the song. For example if its a very happy song then I will have "happy" music a long with it. Start with whatever you feel comfortable with

it's always fun to do the opposite, though. if you look at the song i posted here [irene, on the moor], it is a decidedly unhappy song; the whole thing, however, is in major chords, really upbeat. that whole contrapuntal idea is a lot of fun to play with.
This thread is against the rules. If all of you do not read the rules, the next time you post something you will probably get warned. Warnings lead to bannings. Now read the rules.

Closed.
This is not a pipe