My hair is not very long at all, I recently shaved it, and now its growing back. but My Hair is beginning to thin,(Not balding, and not recedeing hair line, but thinning in general) as a last ditch effort to have long hair, I am contemplating dreading it when it gets long enough.

Any advice?

Also, referance pictures would be great!
MAKE THEM SUFFER
My hair's receeding. Losing hair FTmajorL.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
i'm thinning

i can't run a hand through my hair without losing at least one hair

this is officially the UG's hair loss consolement thread.
^The annoying thing is, my genes are pretty good on the hair loss side of things yet, my hair is already fleeing my head

My Dad will be chuckling away when I am bald at 22 and he will be 62 with a thick full head of hair. Hmmm maybe I was adopted
Quote by radio_schizo
^The annoying thing is, my genes are pretty good on the hair loss side of things yet, my hair is already fleeing my head

My Dad will be chuckling away when I am bald at 22 and he will be 62 with a thick full head of hair. Hmmm maybe I was adopted

the baldness gene actually comes from your mothers side, so your best bet is to have a look at your maternal grandfather.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
If I ever started thinning, going bald, i dont know I'd shoot myself. I love My hair more then life
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
If you want it long then you could glue in random bits of extensions to make your hair appear thicker.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
the baldness gene actually comes from your mothers side, so your best bet is to have a look at your maternal grandfather.

My grandad has a full head of hair. His two sons have receded hairlines, but mine is obviously gonna go furthur
people say ''losing hair''....like you misplaced it somewhere...lol, you didnt LOSE it.....IT FELL OUT!
Keep shaving your head. My family doesn't have a history of losing hair, at least not a lot, so I shouldn't really lose much. I started shaving my head anyway though, so if I do start losing it, it's not really noticeable.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by Rahab
people say ''losing hair''....like you misplaced it somewhere...lol, you didnt LOSE it.....IT FELL OUT!

it's a figure of speech

Quote by Hakael
Keep shaving your head. My family doesn't have a history of losing hair, at least not a lot, so I shouldn't really lose much. I started shaving my head anyway though, so if I do start losing it, it's not really noticeable.

but the goddess of beauty lives in a person's locks of love.
god i love my hair. god i love being 19...nice and thick and full hair. i can put a whole comb through it without losing 1.

i don't think thin dreads would look too cool. dreads are supposed to be thick and gnarly not thin and wispy. i think short hair is going to be a necessity man. sorry in advance about the hair cut man, aging sucks.

?

I think my hair might be thinning as well, and I'm only 18

But hopefully I just keep pulling it out because its getting long and messy.
kill all humans
I don't think dreads would be a good idea. I used to have them. After talking to a handful of hairdressers, I've found that they believe that the tension on the scalp caused by the dreads actually contributes to a receding hairline. On the other hand, they could just be saying that, considering dreads = no "real" haircuts.
I wouldn't do dreads. Longer hair actually makes your hair loss more obvious. It leaves wider parts and it falls leaving awkward gaps, depending on the length. I've seen it on a few friends. I'm 21 and thinning slowly, but a shorter (though still somewhat decent) haircut makes it look thicker.

I do miss the curly locks, though

You could try Propecia?
Quote by JMack
Are you asking if midgets can draw people that are themselves smaller than the average person, or if midget drawings in general are smaller?
Last edited by faint_spirit at Apr 24, 2009,
If your hair is thinning, dreadlocks will not help. In fact, it will probably look worse. What you need to do is get a stiff bristled nylon brush and brush your hair 100 strokes at least once or twice everyday. That's what my gf told me and my hair has started to not only stop thinning, but actually regain thickness. Basically, hair is made up of protein. When you brush your hair with a stiff brush, you're in essence massaging your scalp. With that massage you get increased blood flow to your scalp. Your blood carries lots of the proteins that your hair needs and thus, brushing should help. Other than that, there's not much you can do to fight mother nature on this one. Take a look at your mom's father. That's also a good indicator, if he was bald, genetics say the chances of you being bald are very high.

i wouldnt do it you would look stupid with thin dreads i would say to wash it every day and use conditioner that helps also make sure when you shower not to just rub in the shampoo but kind of scratch your head as you do it thatll get rid of any excess dandruff so thatll help to
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
My maternal grandfather is in his late 70's and he still has most of his hair. =D
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.