when i finger tap the guitar doesnt make alot of sound, like when i hear other people tap. i have a good amp its a peavey blazer. also when i play sometimes i can hear my finger scape the stings when im playing. is there any way to tone that sound down?
for the screeching turn down the gain and try lifting your fingers a little more maybe. Or turn on a noisegate or something.

I have the same problem with tapping, Its definitely your guitar. I have a Iceman IC200 its sucks so bad for tapping, my friends GAX pwns at it though. just try tapping before you buy your next guitar.
i really dont have a gain knob. i have pre gain and post gain. any thing i can buy to improve the guitar i have know i have a starcaster lol
Quote by ZEppelin1969
get better

thats uncalled for, this is the basics forum, so if someone has trouble with a technique, you, help them, not make fun of them with a stupid spam post.

but to TS, i have the same problem, you just gotta find the right spot on the fret to get a good clean sound out of it.

and pre-gain and post-gain. i think pre is how much distorted sound it has and post is volume

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
Orange Tiny Terror (Combo)
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

3DS friend code: 3995-7035-3562
when u tap dont just tap down, u gtta hit it at an angle so its like a pull off... so like down and either push the string like to a side... hard to explain, someone elaborate
Quote by henza_x
when u tap dont just tap down, u gtta hit it at an angle so its like a pull off... so like down and either push the string like to a side... hard to explain, someone elaborate

Not much to elaborate, you're right.

But if you want decent video lesson on tapping, check this guy out: http://youtube.com/user/JustinSandercoe . He has some great online lessons completely free.
We are "PSYCHONAUT", Psychedelic/Stoner/Sludge from Belgium.

Check out our recordings and shows here:

BandCamp
YouTube
FaceBook
Quote by cocacolabottle
Not much to elaborate, you're right.

But if you want decent video lesson on tapping, check this guy out: http://youtube.com/user/JustinSandercoe . He has some great online lessons completely free.

QFT, improved my tapping on the power rangers theme song. GO GO POWER RANGERS!
ESP Edwards E-FR-130GT
Roland Cube 30X
Idol: Sakito (Nightmare)