Through my avatar it sounds different than it did at the store through a 5150 3 cab. Right now it sounds kinda fizzy and im not sure if its my cab or just the tubes are maybe dying, because i bought it used and the dude used it for about 8 months in practice. BUT, about a month ago i got my avatar (60 watts) and i had a valveking combo (100 watts). I was way off when i thought if i kept it on a low volume it wouldnt pump out 100 watts so i thought it was safe to play through my avatar so i did for about 20 minutes on really really low volumes so maybe i blew my speakers?

I have a video of the rocker, ill post it once it loads on youtube. It doesnt sound as fizzy in the video for some reason but you still might be able to hear it. Ive seen other videos of rockers and they sound way way way smoother so im not sure whats up with mine.

Tomorrow im gonna bring it to a friends house and he has a peavey jsx cab so ill see if it is the cab.
Sounds good to me

Maybe it is the room you are doing it in. What are your walls and floor made of?
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
the 5150 3 cab happens to be one of the most if not the most amazing cabinet on the mainstream market. you went down quite a few steps so thats probably why youre experiencing your tone woes.
Quote by CORT noob
Sounds good to me

Maybe it is the room you are doing it in. What are your walls and floor made of?

yeah i was actually pretty suprised of the video sounding that good haha its wierd cause its so much different in real life

but i have carpet floors and i have concrete/drywall walls (?)
Quote by thrice07
yeah i was actually pretty suprised of the video sounding that good haha its wierd cause its so much different in real life

but i have carpet floors and i have concrete/drywall walls (?)

Concrete walls not so good. But, if it is capeted that'll help. Go to a construction site, and go in the dumpster when they're almost done, and steal some scrap and hang it over the concrete parts. It'll help to reduce the sound of your playing so as to not annoy the outside world, and also keep your highs from bouncing all over the room and sounding poor.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Quote by CORT noob
Concrete walls not so good. But, if it is capeted that'll help. Go to a construction site, and go in the dumpster when they're almost done, and steal some scrap and hang it over the concrete parts. It'll help to reduce the sound of your playing so as to not annoy the outside world, and also keep your highs from bouncing all over the room and sounding poor.

thanks for the advice, im going to try it in different rooms, ect. and i found out only my outside walls are concrete and inside are drywall.
alright i found out its my cab, i played through an orange 212 today and it sounded like heaven, that is the next thing on my list haha
^

I plan on buying a 2x12 after my next guitar...and then comes in more pedal buying. UGH! THE GAS!

And your video makes me want to make a video of my orange.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Jinskee
^

I plan on buying a 2x12 after my next guitar...and then comes in more pedal buying. UGH! THE GAS!

And your video makes me want to make a video of my orange.

i know right, right now im gasing for a big muff, a boss reverb, and that cab.
dude you should totally make a video i really want to hear the rocker 30 with the ocd/esp