Hey there UG! How's it going? I have a problem. I can't figure out the basics of drawing. I can not even draw a straight line. I can't seem to grasp anything its like I have my mind exploding with things to draw, but I can't even draw the simplest of shapes or a simple line. I really need help! This is blocking so many ideas of becoming real things.
Founder of UG's Club

Quote by Kadaj
Yes, that's why it has big fangs, for tickling you with.

Quote by JC13
The banker has proposed an offer of FOUR BJ's...lucky911charms, Deal, or No deal?
Quote by lucky911charms
Hey there UG! How's it going? I have a problem. I can't figure out the basics of drawing. I can not even draw a straight line. I can't seem to grasp anything its like I have my mind exploding with things to draw, but I can't even draw the simplest of shapes or a simple line. I really need help! This is blocking so many ideas of becoming real things.

same lol

Fender Strat
Alexi Laiho ESP

Quote by Doolittle
one time i masturbated into a pumpkins. needless to say
PWNED

Follower of the UG Faith, PM me to join!
Always draw with a steady hand. Confidence and smooth strokes. Don't be too hard on the lead/charcoal because otherwise you can't fix errors.

I don't really know what you're asking, what basics of drawing are you looking for? Please elaborate, what have you been trying to do and what's been happening instead?
I don't understand what you want us to do for you man. This is a guitar forum.
I didn't think we would ever make enough money to pay rent by playing music.
-Gregg Allman

*Insert sarcastic, ego-boosting quote here*
Quote by blu_flame34
Always draw with a steady hand. Confidence and smooth strokes. Don't be too hard on the lead/charcoal because otherwise you can't fix errors.

I don't really know what you're asking, what basics of drawing are you looking for? Please elaborate, what have you been trying to do and what's been happening instead?

Well first off the line and simple shapes are hard it seems I can't draw anything with out making a little curve or so in a straight line or an indention in my circle or something. It looks like a 7 year old drew the things I draw. Also if it means anything my handwriting is not good either.
Founder of UG's Club

Quote by Kadaj

Quote by JC13
The banker has proposed an offer of FOUR BJ's...lucky911charms, Deal, or No deal?
well can someone help?
Founder of UG's Club

Quote by Kadaj

Quote by JC13
Well, I used to have trouble with that too. My suggestion is, before you draw any lines, look at where you want it to go. And then put it there in one fluid motion, don't pause, don't go slow to try to make it perfect. Quick, like ripping off a bandaid! The only way to make a line smooth is to do it all at once.

If you're doing a circle on a paper/canvas/whatever, keep your hand still and rotate the paper/canvas under it.

If a line doesn't turn out right, you can always make it a little bolder in order to mask that. Also, keep your vision away from what you're drawing on. Sometimes when you get really close you kind of forget about the big picture (pfft, no pun intended ), so back up and make sure you're taking a look at everything- otherwise things will get out of proportion and wacky.

I hope that helped, I might have worded some things strangely. The only way to get better is to PRACTICE, so get on it buddy!
I always thought it was cool to draw by making it look sloppy. Basically like sketches, but only when the time calls for it.

When you draw, try not to focus too hard, or else you'll think everything you've done is terrible, because you'll want it to be so perfect. Just draw a rough outline, then when you're done like you normally would be, trace it to make it darker, and it'll look better. It really doesn't matter (in my opinion) if the lines aren't straight. My old elementary school art teacher (who died recently died, RIP) never drew straight lines, just made lines out of extremely squigly lines, like ~~~~ but worse, and he made it look extremely awesome, when drawing landscapes and such.(His trees were amazing)

Basically, don't focus on it so hard, because when you do, you'll think "Oh, that's not right" and you'll erase it, draw it again, then decide it's not perfect and erase, draw, erase, draw, and before long, you've got this massive gray cloud in the middle of whatever you're drawing.
Quote by heavyairship
dying hurts

empty sig