Poll: Do you think evolution is correct?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you think evolution is correct?
Yes
44 70%
No
14 22%
Uncertain
5 8%
Voters: 63.
Page 1 of 2
I remember a while ago, when I was making my usual rounds on viewing lectures and videos on physiology and philosophy, that I made the shocking discovery that some people believe that Evolution does not exist. I was baffled by the claims of these people, stating that the eye is to irreducibly complex to have been evolved, when we know exactly how it did become what it was, the stages of the evolution of the eye is supported by the organisms and fossils we have found. There were claims made that it was possible to have changed genus, but not family or kingdom, but despite my efforts at showing these people what evolution is, they refused to accept it, they marked it as not true. Long story short, do you think that evolution is true?
Would you ____ me?
I would ___ me.
I would ___ me hard.
Here we go again... Evolution vs. Creationism.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Can you believe people still believe in god?
Quote by nexteyenate
+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

leftybassdude's opinion is superior to anyone else's

Member of The Weakerthans Fan Club
PM TechnicolorBoy or maybe_I_am to join
Wow, only on UG are there people that can post withing 20 seconds of a thread being made...
Would you ____ me?
I would ___ me.
I would ___ me hard.
Do you believe a guy who actually lived, or an ancient book?
WATCH THIS

Quote by GabeT347
does anybody have a sitar?
Quote by highway62
you have to buy them from george harrison. He owns all of them
Quote by darkstar2466
Here we go again... Evolution vs. Creationism.

+1 I'm glad that thread is now closed.
666 BRO
I just opened up the forum website and this was the first thread I saw. It's not my fault it was 20 seconds after you made the thread.

Anyway, I believe in evolution, but I also believe that whatever matter that came into existence in the first place (the singularity of the big bang) had to be made by a creator.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Another Evolution Vs. Creationism thread. How creative. This thread will turn into a massive hate debate in T-Minus.....5....4...3..2.1
I guess it would be appropriate to say...
in before lock!

But seriously, I find that people who dont believe in evolution make no effort to understand the theory. Not that they would believe it if they did understand it, but I'm just tired of having evolution bashed by people who have absolutely no grasp of it (then again, fundamentalists simply dont care).
Quote by bassmanjoe08
I learned that there are easy ways to waste your life away when all you have is a computer and a world full of people putting new and interesting things on their boners.

Wow, I've been here for a while.
I think a creature, half dinosaur, half Scott Baio took a big, steamy dump on a rock and that's how Santa was born.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
Quote by leftybassdude
Can you believe people still believe in god?

I cant believe it
UNLEASH THE FOCKING BURGERS
As far as this wondeful argument always goes, i had the displeasure of reading a book written by a devout creationist who said that Isaac Newton believed in Allah (too bad he didn't cite his sources), he did bring up some great arguments there are actually plenty of breaks in the evolutionary chain and if things slowly evolve why isn't earth fraught with transitionary forms? I'm still an evolutionist because he hasn't shown me a fossil of Muhammed, we atleast have pictures of Jesus based on a 9th century Knight Templar! The entire book was spent arguing the failings of evolution, and never enforcing creationism. My favourite part is when he runs into a tirade about how people turn evolutionism into a religion founded on blind faith (i found it only slightly hypocritical :P). Anyway i thought i'd just throw that out.
Hell, it's just stupid to not believe in evolution to some extent.
If morning's a bitch with open arms, night's a girl who's gone too far.

OMGWTFBBQ
Quote by Shredder6
I cant believe it

I can, what is so hard to believe about people having different views than you.

That's pretty narrow-minded if you ask me.
This is whether you find evolution to be correct or not, there are many reasons more then religion to say it is not, so it should not be part of the religion thread.
Would you ____ me?
I would ___ me.
I would ___ me hard.
[quote="cataclysm34why isn't earth fraught with transitionary forms? [/QUOTE"]

The Earth IS full of transitionary forms (well, obviously not full to the core...)
Would you ____ me?
I would ___ me.
I would ___ me hard.
Quote by Eighteen4Ever
I guess it would be appropriate to say...
in before lock!

But seriously, I find that people who dont believe in evolution make no effort to understand the theory. Not that they would believe it if they did understand it, but I'm just tired of having evolution bashed by people who have absolutely no grasp of it (then again, fundamentalists simply dont care).

i find that people that believe in evolution dont take the time to learn or understand a religion.
Quote by F-ing Hostile
I can, what is so hard to believe about people having different views than you.

That's pretty narrow-minded if you ask me.

oh i was just joking about how many times we are saying the word believe.

yes of course people will always have different opinions so I usually keep my mouth shut in threads like this cause I know somebody is always gonna argue over something. And over the internet they are inclined even more to argue because they don't have to face the person and they can also take time to write a paragraph much like I just did so I will say this, I believe in evolution and I'm not changing my mind. - Unless god tells me to
Quote by Shredder6
oh i was just joking about how many times we are saying the word believe.

yes of course people will always have different opinions so I usually keep my mouth shut in threads like this cause I know somebody is always gonna argue over something. And over the internet they are inclined even more to argue because they don't have to face the person and they can also take time to write a paragraph much like I just did so I will say this, I believe in evolution and I'm not changing my mind. - Unless god tells me to

Noone ever asked for you to change your mind, but I'm glad you are secure of yourself.
Quote by 7angels7plauges
i find that people that believe in evolution dont take the time to learn or understand a religion.

Would you ____ me?
I would ___ me.
I would ___ me hard.
Quote by 7angels7plauges

I'm not entirely certain about you fellas, but if someone's going to argue based on a book i'd take them seriously if they could spell one of the essential stories of the bible. And just throwing this out in the Life and Times of Jesus H. Christ and the 12 Hellions how come in episode 4 John's retelling he gets pierced with a lance, did Matthew, Mark and Luke look the wrong way because Mary Magdalene was strutting her stuff? Just I curious question I never got answered.
I was watching the daily show and John interviewed an astro physicist and one theory out there is that we could actually be "marshans" so to speak because mars was fertile much before earth and maybe an asteroid hit mars and flung debris our way (containing cells of life that live or are able to survive in extreme conditions and for very long amounts of time) and they landed here on earth and just sat here until earth became fertile and evolution took it's course.

now that's just a theory (as well as a run on sentence) and I'm not saying that's what happened obviously, cause we don't know how we got here.

But I think it's fun to explore all these different possibilities.
My mind is changing quite frequently, with new advances in science that are coming along so swiftly, we have such a great understanding of the world we live in compared to in the 1800's. People used to think the world was flat, people used to think that Horus was real, some people even believe in Santa Claus (he does not exist btw), the flying sphagetti monster, the boogey man, or God. We can take a person that has a tumor pressed against the back of their skull, and literally scrape it out of their body. Science is answering more and more questions, and more questions are being posed to try and stump it, so science advances still.

Stupidity is the opposite of intelligence, intelligence fuels science, therefore, science is infinite.
Would you ____ me?
I would ___ me.
I would ___ me hard.
Quote by Shredder6
I was watching the daily show and John interviewed an astro physicist and one theory out there is that we could actually be "marshans" so to speak because mars was fertile much before earth and maybe an asteroid hit mars and flung debris our way (containing cells of life that live or are able to survive in extreme conditions and for very long amounts of time) and they landed here on earth and just sat here until earth became fertile and evolution took it's course.

now that's just a theory (as well as a run on sentence) and I'm not saying that's what happened obviously, cause we don't know how we got here.

But I think it's fun to explore all these different possibilities.

Then comes the question of, How did Mars get there.
Quote by cataclysm34
Just I curious question I never got answered.

The christian bible leaves LOADS more questions then that... but this thread is on evolution, NOT RELIGION!!!
Would you ____ me?
I would ___ me.
I would ___ me hard.
Quote by Hellraiser.
My mind is changing quite frequently, with new advances in science that are coming along so swiftly, we have such a great understanding of the world we live in compared to in the 1800's. People used to think the world was flat, people used to think that Horus was real, some people even believe in Santa Claus (he does not exist btw), the flying sphagetti monster, the boogey man, or God. We can take a person that has a tumor pressed against the back of their skull, and literally scrape it out of their body. Science is answering more and more questions, and more questions are being posed to try and stump it, so science advances still.

Stupidity is the opposite of intelligence, intelligence fuels science, therefore, science is infinite.

While I do agree with you, your syllogism sucks balls it would've made more sense if you said, something like "Intelligence opens infinite possibilities, intelligence fuels science, therefore science is inherently infinite.

In what way did you prove science is infinite :S
Quote by F-ing Hostile

DUH, GOD DID IT!!!!!

But in all seriousness, it formed just as Earth did, and the sun to!!! I could go on, but I think nobody wants a two page essay on the solar system...
Would you ____ me?
I would ___ me.
I would ___ me hard.
Quote by cataclysm34

In what way did you prove science is infinite :S

Stupidity is infinite, science is the "cure" for stupidity, so science must be infinite as well.
Would you ____ me?
I would ___ me.
I would ___ me hard.
I love how the same 30% never change their mind but consistently and completely get owned every time the discussion comes up.

Have fun denying the fact that is evolution.
Check out my latest recording on my profile
Quote by Hellraiser.
Stupidity is infinite, science is the "cure" for stupidity, so science must be infinite as well.

You failed to mention all of that and science isn't a cure for stupidity science is the tool of those who wield it
Quote by F-ing Hostile

bah I have no idea same place all the planets come from but then where did the stuff that made them come from? no idea but i just live my simple life
Page 1 of 2