Page 1 of 2
I couldn't find another shinedown thread, so I guess this is the first.
They are fairly new, but from their debut album, I was hooked. Their singles 45, burning bright, fly from the inside, simple man (skynyrd cover), save me, heroes, and i dare you are all very good songs.
The lead singer is one of my favorite vocalists.

shoot.
Last edited by Megalomaniac16 at Jul 26, 2007,
The lead singer Bret has one of the most unique voices in music to date. Voices like that dont come around very often. They did a ace job on the skynyrd cover one of my favs almost as good as the orginal. I agree with all those songs but i would add burning bright to it.
I really liked maybe 2 or 3 songs but the vocalist reminds me of country... ew.
I'm Tyler
yeah, its subtle southern-ish rock,

and he dosn't sing about his truck, dog, or ex-wife, so its not really country.
hardly a phenominal band, but i do like a few of thier songs.
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
^yeah, that thread is more or less an argument between those two guys and dosn't have much to do with shinedown, but whatever.
Leave A Whisper was okay but I really like Us and Them. My favorites are Heroes, Save Me, Fake, Begin Again, Fly From The Inside, 45 and Trade Yourself In.

Really looking forward to their next album.
I liked Leave a Whisper most. The last one didn't appeal to me as much. I didn't like I Dare You at all.
Quote by GreenDayChris
I drink, and say oi occasionally. but I can't get laid to save my life.

Quote by Symphonic_Chaos
MX4Life you fucking godhaha
I believe they mentioned the new cd a couple months ago, but they said it was only in the earliest processes, and they were going to tour again or something, not sure.

Edit: "Shinedown is currently working on their 3rd album, which will be out by February 2008."

^Wikipedia
"For Us, For Them, For You"
Quote by Octtwe88
I really liked maybe 2 or 3 songs but the vocalist reminds me of country... ew.

he doesnt sound like garth brooks or willie nelson............how the hell does he remind u of country??.......im sorry i just dont see how he cld remind u of country

they are a awesome band 1 of my favorites.....brent has an awesome voice and the whole band has a great sound (im not saying its so great i cld listen to it all day everyday)

this is kinda neat i think.....the guitarist for shinedown is married to ronnie van zants daughter...1 of them
FRO POWER!!!
their best songs in my opionion are save me and fly from the inside. and heroes gets me pumped
AH!!! shinedown is my favorite band!
cant wait for the 08' album!!!!!!
OMG! THE ROOFS ON FIRE!
Just looked on wikipedia, and it said they're playing a bunch of "potential" singles on the road soon. it didn't give a date for the album though, it sounds awesome though.
Quote by aebers79
Edit: "Shinedown is currently working on their 3rd album, which will be out by February 2008."

^Wikipedia

well, its february 2008 and i'm still waiting for a new shinedown album.
i'm starting to get cranky
was just on the shinedown myspace and there website, interesting news.
i guess the new album has been finnished, so it should be out soon.
also, i guess nick perri (silvertide) is shindown's new guitarist. should make an interesting mix.
Cream fan club member #11.
"Sound of Madness", "Junkies for Fame", "The Crow and the Butterfly", "Second Chance", and "Devour" are a few of their new songs! The cd is called The "Sound of Madness". They Actually have two guitarist's now... Devour is the first single set to be released on may 5th. The album will hopefully be released June 24, 2008. "If you only knew" is another song on the album and it is a slow song!
MUSIC

Black > Classic

UG BLACK BRIGADE

Quote by punkforlife93
hit him in the balls, prefferably from below so as for maximum testacular pain

Quote by Strato-Massacre
1) stick him in his kisser, quick!
2) repeat step one.
Well... The entire album can be streamed on their myspace page. I am a huge HUGE Shinedown fan. Brent has IMO the single greatest voice in rock and roll since Freddie; just my opinion folks.

I kind of went into this bracing for the worst because Devour is a REALLY polished song, as was the snippet preview they did of the entire album. I'm one of the people who enjoys a rougher edge to my music, not so overproduced. My worst fear did in fact come true, the album is extremely polished sounding. BUT, BUUUUUUUUUUUUT, the album is absolutely amazing. I kinda miss the grittiness of his voice on U&T, but the production is top notch and of course his voice is still flat out amazing.

Sound of Madness, the title track.... Holy hell, talk about an epic rock song. Fast paced, in your face, and a real I don't give a damn attitude. Sin with a Grin is another really fast paced song. I have to say though, my favorite song on the cd is Call Me. It's a piano ballad written by former guitarist Jasin Todd. Just a really heart-felt sentiment in that song, and it has very beautiful lyrics.
I used to listen to these guys tons, but I just dropped off with them i guess...I'll check out the new stuff tomorrow.
Who dat?
wow. i totally forgot about this band. they had some decent songs, but i was never a huge fan.
I've been a big fan since Leave A Whisper first released. Brent is one of my favorite vocalists in rock today.
since this is the only large shinedown thread.......

what do ya'll think about the new cd? i just got it.
Is Shinedown the guys who made the album The Sound of Madness?
If so, i have that CD, I really like the songs Devour and Sound of Madness.
^^Uhh yeah that is their newest CD. Just released this week.

I like it, I don't like it nearly as much as Us and Them and Leave A Whipser, but it's still pretty good.
Todd is out of the band. idk why, thats just what i saw on wikipedia.
Jasin Todd recorded the guitar for the new album, but Nick Perri from Silvertide is the new lead guitarist and Zach Myers is the new rhythm guitarist.
im bumping this up they do have a brand new ****ing incredible cd out so buy it listen to it and voice your opinion here
Quote by OfficerSxyPants
The lead singer Bret has one of the most unique voices in music to date. Voices like that dont come around very often. They did a ace job on the skynyrd cover one of my favs almost as good as the orginal. I agree with all those songs but i would add burning bright to it.

Who, I share his name...Except mine has two T's......One of my friends got me in to this band when she burned Us and Them for me. I really enjoyed it and it a) Gives me a break from all the Metal I listen to b) feeds my love of Alternative Rock type music.

EDIT: Is his name Bret or Brent?
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I think it's brent.

The new cd rocks pretty hard. or atleast sin with a grin/cyanide sweet tooth/sound of madness do. I'm not the biggest fan of the ballad type songs of the cd yet though.
Page 1 of 2