Hey guys, as you can probably tell from the title, I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to posture while playing a guitar. This may not be the right section for this, if not, I'm sorry. At this point, I think I am progressing at a steady rate, and I have recently read about "anchoring". My question is, is it normal to end up anchoring while sitting and playing but not while standing? That seems to be my problem, I can stand and keep myself from anchoring, but when I sit down, it's a whole different story, I tend to anchor with my arm, almost to the point of anchoring on my wrist.
You stand on gigs, so it's better to practise standing.
Quote by Johnljones7443
my neew year reslosutions are not too drikn as much lol.

happy new yeeae guyas.
Your anchoring "problem" is normal my friend. When you sit, you usually hold the guitar on your knee/leg, and naturally, your hand shifts to anchoring the rest of the guitar to support its weight. So its perfectly natural, or at least to me it is.

But when you stand you don't anchor, so it seems to me that you have got enough technique control to prevent that anyway. So...

But the best advice I can give you, if you plan on performing, then practice your majority standing. If your doing it for your own recreation, then it doesn't really matter if you stand or sit, it's all based on what you want.
Yep, I agree with what ArcanaFang said... It all depends whether you're a regular performer or you only play guitar for recreation... But then in my opinion, I think its better practicing standing up...