The in-ear headphones I got with my iPod broke in about a month. On one side, the volume became low and the bass was sucked out of it. I bought some in-ear panasonics, and the same thing happened in a week.

What gives????
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Hey y'all!!! Me and my friend were over at her house. I we were wonder what guys think when they see a hot girl at the mall or whatever walk by. (We're both pretty as y'all would say "blonde" sometimes).

Quote by rabidguitarist
I just look like some homo.
That's a sign from God saying "My child, new headphones you be needing". :\
666 BRO
listen to kankuro he knows all
Quote by stanleybach
"That is for sex, not for you, thank you come again!"

Quote by velly69
You know what they say: " You use it or you lose it".
Did you check the expiration date on your balls?
Sounds like the headphone socket on your ipod is jiggered. If you wriggle the phones a bit in the socket, they should work fine after enough wriggling.
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
In ear headphones suck balls.

Srlsy.

Last edited by Your Mother : Today at 03:44 PM
^ yea ipods make some of the cheapest headphones, just buy a new pair of sonys
Quote by mray

sonys for me used to break within about a week
my ipod ones have last me longest i think...
either that or ones that cost me a fiver from HMV
Top lel.
Quote by bpf3991
listen to kankuro he knows all

*discreetly +1's that*
666 BRO
sennheiser headphones ftw!
Quote by Nemesis260
police is logical. or do your duty and rape him back

GEAR:
Laney BH150
Marshall B150
Line6 Spider II 15
BOSS HM-2 Heavy Metal (80's!)
Epi SG Special
Peavey Milestone III
Im guessing the wires are frayed in the headphones...thats what happens to mine.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Quote by Off-The-Heazay

I have these studio sennheisers, but theyre HUGE. Wouldn't I look like an idiot walking around with it about town?
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Hey y'all!!! Me and my friend were over at her house. I we were wonder what guys think when they see a hot girl at the mall or whatever walk by. (We're both pretty as y'all would say "blonde" sometimes).

Quote by rabidguitarist
Quote by yoshixxx7
I have these studio sennheisers, but theyre HUGE. Wouldn't I look like an idiot walking around with it about town?

yes
Quote by thrashmetal101
yes

I knew it.

I guess I'll have to burn another ten bucks on headphones. Piss.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Quote by rabidguitarist
Quote by yoshixxx7
The in-ear headphones I got with my iPod broke in about a month. On one side, the volume became low and the bass was sucked out of it. I bought some in-ear panasonics, and the same thing happened in a week.

What gives????

- listening too loud
- cheap build quality from day one...most likely
- pulling them out with the wire
or
- handling them by the wire too often.

the small solder joints are weak and not ever made to hold up to any type of force. Any moving of the wires too much will cause them to break after time.

Get some Shure IEMs

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Shure-E2-Sound-Isolating-Earphones?sku=243600

or if you dont have that type of cash to spend, go with these from the local radioshack:
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2206192&cp=2032057.2032187.2202780&pg=2&fbx=0&fbn=Headphone+type%2FEarbuds+%26%23038%3B+earclips&f=PAD%2FConnectivity+Technology%2FWired&f=PAD%2FHeadphones+Type%2FEarbuds+%26%23038%3B+earclips&fbc=1&parentPage=family

they actually sound great for their price, nice frequency range response and great bass.
Last edited by moody07747 at Jul 26, 2007,
The same thing always happens to mine, they work great for months (no matter how cheap), but then one day one of them just decides not to work. Then for a while I can mess with the wire to get sound in both, and soon enough only one works at a time.

But Hell, the **** $5 earphones are fine, as long as you're not routinely running them over with a truck, they should last for quite a while, no dent in your budget.
Quote by Jesus Himself Christ
You know, you're one pretty cool guy, Kylster.

Please click this and critique some little ditties I done madeified myselfins!
ive had 2 sets of ipod headphones and they have both broken in the exact same way. On one of the earbuds, the speaker came unattached.......i have to get new ones now dammit........in ear or outta ear i wonder.....hmm
stop chewing on your headphones
Senor Frandango of Taco Cult PM Swordsrkewl to join

Quote by Diet_coke_head
I keep a plunger in my bathroom...my insperation usually clogs the toilet.
Quote by Off-The-Heazay

+1
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
If your vegetarian girl harasses you about eating meat, snap back with, "Eating more entirely defenseless plants that provide us with oxygen?"

That'll shut that bitch up faster than two black eyes.

Quote by moody07747
- listening too loud
- cheap build quality from day one...most likely
- pulling them out with the wire
or
- handling them by the wire too often.

1-Check
2- nah
3- Check
4-Yep

3/4 no-no's huh...Well thanks for the info, now I know.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Quote by rabidguitarist
Quote by nirvana4lf
bose in-ear headphones FTW

Sorry, I'm not a millionaire.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Quote by rabidguitarist
what happened to my fave pair of headphones (two of em actually)
1. the wire down on the plug was tugged a little too hard and tore (got my bud to resoder)
2. the wire up on the right headphone was tugged a little too hard and tore.
either way, no easy fix, take for repair or get new ones.
ps: Zeitgeist PWNS, i love united states so much. (the song)
Well, my friend was complaining one day about how his brand new earphones were stuffed and got me to try them out.

Apart from there being half a tonne of ear-wax in them, they were pretty good earphones.

Maybe you should check and make sure they aren't caked-up with ear-wax... ?
Quote by mray

+1