What's that new Steve Vai Album called? The one where he composed a song for every country he visited. There was an article on here a while ago for it...
The new one is called Sound Theories I thinks.
FOR EVERY ANIMAL YOU DON'T EAT, I WILL EAT 3.
Sound Theories?

edit: beaten to it

According to Guitarist it's kind of sh!te, but the videos on YouTube I've seen of him with the orchestra were good imo.
Alive in an Ultra World is what you're thinking of. Released sometime after The Ultra Zone.

His new album, Sound Theories vol. 1 and 2 is a double album with his own compositions mixed with an orchestra, and the second CD is full scores that he penned.
alive in an ultra world is the album with a song about every country. sound theories is his new album, i think its a live album and the second dise is him playin with an orchestra or something. saw him 2 nights ago and it was unbelievable!
Quote by blue_strat
Sound Theories?

edit: beaten to it

According to Guitarist it's kind of sh!te, but the videos on YouTube I've seen of him with the orchestra were good imo.

The funny thing is UK guitar magazines are ****e.
Quote by sunnysayshi

Yes.

Total Guitar.. apart from Paul Gilbert in it for a few months it's not worth the money.

I think the backing tracks are now subscribers only. SAWKS!

Guitarist mag is basically from the same guys as Total Guitar but is alot less.. erm, yeah. If you buy both in a month your see they have almost identical content though, different interviews but with the same artist/s etc.
It's not sound theories.

You're thinking of Alive In An Ultra World which is less than new.
"That Hidde's a cool guy" -Abe Lincoln
"Hidde? Yeah we jam all the time" -Steve Vai
"Remember that time when burt jumped out of the tree and into the river? Good times!" -Jesus

So I heard you liek profiles?
Quote by Jackolas
Yes.

Total Guitar.. apart from Paul Gilbert in it for a few months it's not worth the money.

I think the backing tracks are now subscribers only. SAWKS!

Guitarist mag is basically from the same guys as Total Guitar but is alot less.. erm, yeah. If you buy both in a month your see they have almost identical content though, different interviews but with the same artist/s etc.

I don't think Total Guitar sucks, just that most of their interviews are with indie or emo bands and that their transcriptions are sometimes pretty crap. Ok, maybe it does suck...

Ah well, that's why I pick up Guitar World instead. Also, you get the bass tabbed too!!
Ibanez RG1570 w/ Bareknuckle Pickups
Ibanez RG655
PRS SE Fredrik Åkesson Singlecut
Blackstar HT-5
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
BOSS TU-2
MXR M-108
Digitech Bad Monkey