Hi UG,
My guitarshop has just ordered my deluxe strat 3TSB.
But i'm doubting between the HSS and the SSS.
The salesman was really trying to convience me to take the HSS ( i also played one and man it does sounds wonderful, very nice power, fun to solo), but i mainly play blues, funk, rock, so i know the SSS configuration is actually more suitable for me.
Anyway the guy from the shop said he will be ordering the HSS and if i changed my mind he will be splitting the humbucker or something like that. If that is really possible is that a good thing? I mean is it as good as i would take the stock SSS strat? Will it give any impact on the guitar. After all it's an expensive guitar and i don't wont to come out crappy.

Any remarks or help are very welcome!?
thanks!!!
It won't be the same as a true single coil, but it can get really close. But, you then have the option of using humbucker for solos and heavier parts.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by oxokoning
Hi UG,
My guitarshop has just ordered my deluxe strat 3TSB.
But i'm doubting between the HSS and the SSS.
The salesman was really trying to convience me to take the HSS ( i also played one and man it does sounds wonderful, very nice power, fun to solo), but i mainly play blues, funk, rock, so i know the SSS configuration is actually more suitable for me.
Anyway the guy from the shop said he will be ordering the HSS and if i changed my mind he will be splitting the humbucker or something like that. If that is really possible is that a good thing? I mean is it as good as i would take the stock SSS strat? Will it give any impact on the guitar. After all it's an expensive guitar and i don't wont to come out crappy.

Any remarks or help are very welcome!?
thanks!!!

No way man, don't let the salesman push something on you that you don't want. If you know you want a SSS then don't get the HSS, its your money you decide what you want. A SSS guitar will have a more true single coil sound than a coil split HSS.

That being said... HUMBUCKERS RULE (im a les paul man)
GEAR

Epiphone Elitist Les Paul Standard Plus
Marshall JCM 800 half stack