That is a terrible song, terrible singing, terrible melody, terrible guitar solo. I can't tell if the lyrics are bad or if they're just applied badly, but they make it sound like a 13 year olds attempt at his first song.

I think it would sound better if just you sang by yourself, the guy is as bad as me. And after listening to your other tracks, your drummer isn't very good either.

I apologize for insulting your band so much, lucky I've got nothing for you to rip into.

I like the song 'this city' much more.
I like the rhytm its very upbeat, i could definantly see me tapping my leg to this song.

Its got a very indie feeling to it, the way you guys sing almost like telling a story just with the background music.
I like the little lead fill near the end of the song also.!

For suggestions for improvement:
I think you should differentiate the chorus from the verse, change the vocal melody/ sing it hold out some notes ect.
Maybe add some different riffs/ change the rhytm / use pauses. This will give the song distinct parts and create a sense of movement, rather then being repetitive.

Overall i like your style of music, and if you get some better quality recordings (ridding yourself of alot of the reverb) I will love to hear it again.

Keep up the good work
Crit mines? Thanks in advance:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=634319&highlight=dreamer

Quote by Kuula
That is a terrible song, terrible singing, terrible melody, terrible guitar solo. I can't tell if the lyrics are bad or if they're just applied badly, but they make it sound like a 13 year olds attempt at his first song.

I think it would sound better if just you sang by yourself, the guy is as bad as me. And after listening to your other tracks, your drummer isn't very good either.

I apologize for insulting your band so much, lucky I've got nothing for you to rip into.

I like the song 'this city' much more.

So I'm guessing you wont want to buy the album?
Our drummer doesnt play on the recordings... allow me to introduce mr yamaha keyboard They were all done within 24 hours as just a demo, all home recorded (obviously) but fair enough, i know we cant appeal to everyone.

everyone else thanks for the comments will return them when i get in from work this evening.
“I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I suggest you look around at the world in which we live and shut your f*ckin' mouth.” RIP
Http://www.Smash-it-up.tk
Interesting listen.. From what I caught of the lyrics, I liked them.

The guy's voice is a little too nasally.. I liked your voice though. I love the folky thing going on with the vocals though.. I'm a huge sucker for the folk guy+girl vocals.

However, if I drew out this song on a graph, its one straight line across, not going up or down or anywhere.. just straight. If thats how you want the song to be, I'd shorten it. But I think you wanted to have a chorus, because I noticed an extra synth part sometimes, which did liven a little, but since the vocal rhythm and melody never really change, it keeps the song in one spot. Like guy above suggested, do something with this, like hold notes and change the melody to create something that contrasts the verse.

You have something good here.. it can be much better though I think, either by keeping it the way it is and shortening it, or creating ups and downs.

Can you listen to mine please? Thanks
http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=636246