Page 1 of 5
1. I didn't know you could turn a wah pedal off or how, so for like 3 months after i got my first one i always had it on and always had the neck pickup on because there was too much treble

2. Right when i first started i thought tube amps were actually inside tubes, (seeing a picture of van halens "bomb" reinforced this in my mind) so i always wondered why gc never had any if they were so great.

3. i wondered how my dad could afford a marshall amp for my first amp for christmas (it was an mg 10 watt )

4. when i bought my first "real" guitar i knew i wanted a white strat like hendrix. so I went to gc to get a mexican one because i could afford it. I saw two different white strats and wondered what the difference was between them (i didn't know what a "fat" strat meant) so i just bought the other one, luckily because i got one with the single coil bridge like i wanted.
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
I used to think Squiers were as good as Fenders... or so i told my dellusioned little mind, as that is what i had....
Quote by Vermintide
Welcome all comers, with open arms and a wagging tail

Member #5 of the Mighty Boosh Appreciation Society PM *Juno* to join

Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: The Pop N' Locker of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati
I never knew for ages that acoustic-electric guitars existed, it was a mystery whenever i saw one stage
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

One time on stage, I once played rythym guitar for 2 songs(!) without realising I hadn't turned my guitar up =[

I was singing pretty loud and didn't notice

I felt a right noob when I looked at my volume pedal being right down
i know a guy who, for a year or so, thought that the whammy bar plugged into the input jack...
he's our drummer now.
nuff said.
as a noob, i didnt know what strap locks were and when i spun my guitar it flew off the strap, went through a windo, and then hit a wall. the headstock broke off. it now has a new neck, paint, and pickups, and is my best 6 string.
Last night, i was leaving from my guitar lesson, and the store was closing and the store owner and all of the employees were all at the front of the store talking about whatever store owners and employees talk about. Anyway, i approach the door to leave, and my hand actually missed the handle, so my guitar case smashed into the door(which was glass btw). Everyone hears it and looks over at me with this crazy look. I said sorry, smiled and laughed, and i wasn't paying attention and then.................i did it again ;(

Luckily the door is still alive though...
signitcha
Schecter C-1 Classic
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
MXR 10 Band EQ
Quote by danielrobbyshor
i know a guy who, for a year or so, thought that the whammy bar plugged into the input jack...
he's our drummer now.
nuff said.

Lmao...

I used to put my hand on the bridge... thats about all...
ive got loads,

i couldnt do barre chords so i fot you needed a cappo

i didnt know what my selctor swith was for!

i fot hendrix invented distortion
Quote by JamieB
Because all TRUE GUITARISTS know what PLUGINCHILD looks like, DUUUUH!

I want it now, and i want you NOW! give me your heart and your soul!
played smells like teen spirit when i was testing out my guitar....
"For Us, For Them, For You"
Quote by shreddin_frets
Lmao...

another thing about this guy.
when good charlotte released that song "the river" (WITH MC SHADOWS AND SYNSTER GATES) and he saw the video, he said to me; "Dan, you gotta see the new good charlotte video, they look JUST like Avenged Sevenfold! and billy martin plays an amazing guitar solo! ON A SCHECTER!"
Umm, I came within seconds of buying a Warlock....Thank god I didn't, the thing was selling for 40 bucks, who knows what was wrong with that....
i was talkin wit my friend once and I got jazz and the blues mixed up. He corrected me. after that I said, "meh. Jazz, Blues. Same thing."

Ugh......
Quote by godisasniper
Umm, I came within seconds of buying a Warlock....Thank god I didn't, the thing was selling for 40 bucks, who knows what was wrong with that....

Well, for one it was a Warlock.
When I first wanted to start playing guitar I went into a Mars Music store to rent a guitar.
(my mom didn't want to waste money on buying one if i wasn't serious) But the guy at the counter said there were no electric guitars available for rent. But I saw one hanging, I said can't I just borrow that one?
and he responded, "...that's a bass guitar"

i said, "what's the difference!?"

yup. i r retard.
I didn;t know the difference between a bass and a guitar until i was 11....
Quote by danielrobbyshor
another thing about this guy.
when good charlotte released that song "the river" (WITH MC SHADOWS AND SYNSTER GATES) and he saw the video, he said to me; "Dan, you gotta see the new good charlotte video, they look JUST like Avenged Sevenfold! and billy martin plays an amazing guitar solo! ON A SCHECTER!"

What the hell are you talking about?
I tried to use my guitar's lyrical shredding to tame some rampaging dragons. I failed, the city was destroyed.
Quote by The Leader
I tried to use my guitar's lyrical shredding to tame some rampaging dragons. I failed, the city was destroyed.

And you failed yet again...good work.
Quote by PLUGINCHILD
ive got loads,

i couldnt do barre chords so i fot you needed a cappo

i didnt know what my selctor swith was for!

yup.... we r noobs together=]
Ibanez S470
Boss ME-50...
Some old amp...

I used to think palm muting is when you stopped all the sounds from the strings with your left hand.

Picture me trying to play master of puppets wondering how the hell they do it that fast LOL
UNLEASH THE FOCKING BURGERS
When I started my band...A first one that is..I asked myself when I discovered a shocking discovery of discovered things...

"whats a bass?"

Well its guitar related, they both have strings and are made of wood...right?
No rly?

Ya rly.
I used to think harmonics where these

----x--------------
----x--------------
----x--------------
----x--------------
----x--------------
----x--------------

ANd i once bought a slide thinking it was a whammy bar...............

And I still run my effects through the back of my amp.....but im too broke to get enough cables to run trough my effects loop.
The UG churches Tabernacle maintenence guy.

I suvived the Bannecide.
k, guess it my turn...

i went and buyed a wah wah and did not know how to use it...:S dont laugh...lol
took me 2 days..
Ibanez S470
Boss ME-50...
Some old amp...

^^ same here.........I couldn't turn it on.....well after like a day I stomped on it...and

WHOOLAH!!!! my wah turned on
The UG churches Tabernacle maintenence guy.

I suvived the Bannecide.
I thought a whammy bar worked by spinning it in it's socket instead of pushing down.
I tried to turn it too far in the store and the clerk about had a heart attack cause I almost stripped out the threads on it.

My cousin did the same thing when he tried to play my guitar later. My friend also bought an electric for the first time, and he did the same thing.
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this

Quote by amazing FretMan
i ripped part of my foreskin off...oh well

Member #9 of the iPods Suck Balls Club, PM Oblivious16037 to join.

My UG Profile
Thinking a guitar is a guitar no matter what. For example thinking when my friend got a Jackson JS30RR that it was the most awesome thing in the world. Thinking back I hated it but I have the neck on my dinky haha.
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab
Quote by shreddin_frets
Lmao...

How is that noobish? I've been playing for almost three years and I still rest my hand on the bridge. Sometimes on the bass strings if i'm soloing. But anyway, before I bought my first electric, I thought you got distortion from having a whammy bar.
^about everyone that i have let play my guitar but didn't actually play guitar did that at one time or another. I just laugh at them then tell them what they did wrong.

well i used to think solid state amps were better.

i plugged my guitar into the output of my wah and the cable to the amp into the input and thought it was broken.

i bought a digitech hot rod pedal :O
one time i got weewie weewie mad becuz id fot dat bweaking stwings was weewie bad and dat i wuld have to take it to a repaiw shop

0mgz00rz i w4s 4 n0000bk1inzzz
Fender CD-110E Acoustic Electric
Ibanez RG350DX

Crate GT30
Zoom 505 II
Digitech Df-7 Distortion Factory
When I got my first guitar(acoustic), I thought that the guitar wasn't in tune unless all of the tuning pegs were facing the same way. That's how they looked when I got them so I thought that was how it was supposed to be.
Quote by Dæmönika
I'm afraid of you...MDoggDX316phobia

Quote by Imperial
Yes, Master MDoggDX316

Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: The Hype Man of the UG Hip
Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati
I used to think you got a wah sound from pressing down on the whammy bar.
Or that the big round thing in amps was the tube, when it's actually the speaker.
I thought both necks on double-neck guitars were meant to be played at the same time.
I bought a first act....

... A month later I bought another one I'm a n00b...
Page 1 of 5