Lately, I've been tuning my schector c-1 classic electric guitar in (low to high) d-g-d-a-d-g. however, I'm having a lot of problems keeping the high g from breaking. the guitar stays in tune, but after maybe a few days it ends up snapping while I play. I was wondering if I should use a different thickness of strings, or modify my guitar a bit to keep this tuning? I'm currently using 9's or 10's.
you should try 11's or 12's. they wont break easy, but theill be tough to get used to.youl build up some strong fingers tough
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union
each time I piss in the dark I'm afraid that some wierd plant is going to eat my dick

Keep the 5th string in A, and the 3rd string in G.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Where is the string breaking at?

If it's breaking down in your bridge you might have some metal grit in there from previous broken strings, which wear through and break the new ones. Small pipe cleaners are wonderful things in that department. Next time you restring just make sure to clean out the bridge with a pipe cleaner...

Checking for rough frets (wears faster) and/or any bit of dirty tuner or nut wouldn't hurt either. Oh, and if you're using a guitar with a tremolo bridge set up make sure it's sitting down flat on the body of the guitar; variations in tension will destroy strings fast as well.

Not to say that it's any of these things, they're all just stuff I look for when I'm working with my instruments...