I was just wondering how often when you go to a site and see those ads or banners people accually click them. I have only ever clicked the power chord academy one from this site. I just wonder why some companies bother to advertise becuase no one will ever click their stupid ads. Like what is the point of those do "blah blah blah and get a free blah blah blah" ads? The sites they link to are like cheap crap sites. Anyways what do you guys think they seem like a poor investment as far as advertising your webpage.
I never click on them on purpose. Sometimes the drop down ones screw me over though.
Never because I use adblock.
Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

Get, Get, Get, Get, Get Out And Push.
The only reason sites have them is because they get paid to by adsense. Thats how websites can make money without selling anything. The greater the traffic, the more money generated.
i see your point. I can't recall an ad i have ever clicked that actually was worth my time
Quote by umop-3p!sdn
The only reason sites have them is because they get paid to by adsense. Thats how websites can make money without selling anything. The greater the traffic, the more money generated.

yeah i know this but the site that is in the advertisement has to pay to be advertised and it jsut seems like a waste of money for them
Quote by Hops44
I never click on them on purpose. Sometimes the drop down ones screw me over though.

I found that quite amusing.
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
Quote by shreddin_frets
BEcause some people actually click on those ads...

I always do. I give them fake information

thats kind of stupid on your part it can give you spyware and all kinds of ****
Quote by RedMoonMan
yeah i know this but the site that is in the advertisement has to pay to be advertised and it jsut seems like a waste of money for them

Well, for every 100 people who dont click on it, theres going to be 1 imbecile who never goes on the computer and will think "Oh, cool! I won something" or something along those lines.

Also, if you see the same ad over and over, it generates a sort of "brand recognition." For example, right now, theres a CURSOR MANIA ad on this page. If I saw that enough times, whenever I decided I wanted to download some cursors (why I would want to, I dont know...) I would instantly think of Cursor Mania.
Quote by RedMoonMan
thats kind of stupid on your part it can give you spyware and all kinds of ****

Oh well. I have Avast and Norton, so nothing is getting into my computer

But dude, the game ones kick ass
Quote by TechnicolorBoy
I only click the ones with bewbz.

like the one where you have to pull the thread off of the girls dresses