We got The Sims about 5 years ago + The 2nd expansion.
Found it this morning (still sealed) and decided to give it a go.
Is it legal/possible to download the first expansion when I have the second?
Quote by Review of the game
After playing House party for a while, it seems like something that you should have downloaded off the main website, not something that you spent 30 dollars for.

This leads me to believe that at one point the expansion was free + legal, can anyone confirm this?
Doesn't sound like a very EA-ish thing to do but hey, thought I'd ask.
I'm so unique I don't even have a sig.
Who cares?
You can find a crack for it somewhere. It's not like the cops are going to show up at your door question where you got an expansion pack for the sims.
LTD SC-608 Baritone
Schecter 007-Elite
Epi. Les Paul Standard
Jasmine SC312
Boss NS-2
Boss TU-3
Peavey 6505+

www.behaviourmusic.com
The review is saying that it doesn't feel like you should have spent thirty dollars on it, not that you could download it off the website. And try get it in a torrent. Use Wyzo or uTorrent.
Quote by MightyAl
I lean towards Butthole Surfers because only a butthole would carry a surfboard around a town.

Teh Gearz:

Cruiser Stratocaster
Feng Ling G15 Amplifier
Digitech Grunge Pedal
Daphon E20PH Phaser Pedal
Quote by purplegreendave
This leads me to believe that at one point the expansion was free + legal, can anyone confirm this?

Nah, I think it means they should have had for free download cause it's that uninteresting
Quote by purplegreendave

How did you reach that conclusion? They're just saying it wasn't worth paying $30 for :-/
Quote by purplegreendave
We got The Sims about 5 years ago + The 2nd expansion.
Found it this morning (still sealed) and decided to give it a go.
Is it legal/possible to download the first expansion when I have the second?

Doesn't sound like a very EA-ish thing to do but hey, thought I'd ask.

Do you use bittorrent? BT tracker sites generally have the expansions.
Quote by hengler
How did you reach that conclusion? They're just saying it wasn't worth paying $30 for :-/

Ah, I thought the "you should have downloaded off the main website" meant you would regret spending money when you could d/l it
I'm so unique I don't even have a sig.