i find i am much better sitting down opposed to standing up when playing the guitar. anyone else?
I am fine either way.
Quote by yawn
My work here is done.

Destroying the lives of innocent people, one post at a time.

Member of the 'Muse > any other band' club
Quote by banzaitohottie
i find i am much better sitting down opposed to standing up when playing the guitar. anyone else?

+1, but with a bass
you just gotta find where you need the guitar on the strap, try a bunch of different ways
i feel more relaxed when im sitting down, when im standing i feel kind of awkward holding my guitar. no matter whether it electric or acoustic.
Quote by Eminored
Hentai. It's a completely different world that will rip your eye-sockets and and skull-screw you with its tentacles.
If you wear your guitarstrap to far down for your own comfort, it's giong to affect your playing!
...And the worms ate into his brain.
I play better standing. I used to sit around and play. One day I stood up and it stuck.
Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V

Marshall MG100HDFX
Marshall MA50C

Boss DS-1
Digitech RP50
Digitech Whammy IV
Vox V847 Wah Pedal
Quote by banzaitohottie

Yeah, me too. I'm always more creative sitting down, specially at night

But I occasionally stand up, most of the time just to tune though (cause of my set-up). As far as bass goes, no way I'd probably drop it on my foot or something.
I walk all around my house and play when I'm bored. It depends if I'm sitting straight up. Sometimes I try to play like slouched on the couch half way sitting, half way laying, and It is horrible. If I was you, I'd practice standing more.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
If you're more comfortable sitting down than standing up.. then adjust your strap so it the guitar is higher up on your body, and tilt it a little upwards like a classical.. voila! it's pretty much the same thing
I find it better to stand up while practicing... because before, I used to always practice sitting down, but then when it came to playing live on stage, it sometimes feels awkward. Which is why I started to practice playing standing up... Try different strap lengths... I usually go a bit high because it regulates my position and allows me to solo easier... Since I'm fat, I wouldn't look good punk style (guitar LLOOOOOWWWW). Always try playing standing up because you'll need it if you're in a band...