Which do you think's better?

I play Trivium, Machine Head, Pantera, Metallica etc.
can you try them?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The Cube will be more versatile, but the Randall will be louder.
Also, you may need some pedals to get a really saturated sound like Pantera. The overdrive on the Randall amp sounds better for hard rock.
Jackson DKMGT Dinky
Randall RG50TC
Roland Micro-Cube
Boss DS-1
Boss MT-2
I have an Arion Metal Master Pedal at the moment. I'll probably get a Boss MT-2.
I don't really like the way my MT-2 sounds through the Randall. I'd like to get a better pedal, but am unsure what to get.
Jackson DKMGT Dinky
Randall RG50TC
Roland Micro-Cube
Boss DS-1
Boss MT-2
Quote by DeeWhy
The Cube will be more versatile, but the Randall will be louder.
Also, you may need some pedals to get a really saturated sound like Pantera. The overdrive on the Randall amp sounds better for hard rock.

i thought the overdrive on the randall was very metallic, that's one of the things i wasn't too keen on- however i agree to get a really saturated pantera tone you'll likely need some sort of boost, at least at lower volumes.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i thought the overdrive on the randall was very metallic, that's one of the things i wasn't too keen on- however i agree to get a really saturated pantera tone you'll likely need some sort of boost, at least at lower volumes.

Which one would you choose?
probably the randall, as it's all-tube and the real thing, rather than an imitation of the real thing (like the cube is). that being said, the randall is pretty much a budget tube amp, so it's possibly not just as cut and dried as all that, plus the cube is possibly more versatile, and quite a bit cheaper.

So yeah, it's not cut and dried.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Ht666
Which do you think's better?

I play Trivium, Machine Head, Pantera, Metallica etc.

I use the Cube 60.. For those bands too..

My speaker blew in it awful quick.. And I still haven't found out what caused it. If you get one, bare that in mind.
I'll probably go for a Randall, I might get a half stack. What do you think?
Personally.. I think a 2x12 cab is enough unless you got like a 400 watt amp or something retarded like that.

A nice Marshall 2x12 or something better maybe off eBay will work nicely with the Randall tube head.

I think it's easier to take around places and stuff... I don't have a "quarter-stack" as its sometimes called.. But I thought a lot about it, and it's what I prefer.
I've played the cube (Well I've played a Cube 30) and I own the Randall (Which may make me biased, but still) and I would say the Randall is much more versatile. It's only recently that I've started messing around with the EQ to try and get some more tones and I can get anything from classic rock to death metal with ease (Hell, just yesterday I was playing Rebel Rebel by David Bowie and after some fiddling with the EQ was playing Bed of Razors by Children of Bodom)

It may be a budget tube amp, but it still is a great amp if you spend a little time with it. Though I admit, the tone can be a little thin for metal at very low volumes but with the master volume around 3 or 4 it really starts to kick off
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Quote by GNR4EVER
I've played the cube (Well I've played a Cube 30) and I own the Randall (Which may make me biased, but still) and I would say the Randall is much more versatile. It's only recently that I've started messing around with the EQ to try and get some more tones and I can get anything from classic rock to death metal with ease (Hell, just yesterday I was playing Rebel Rebel by David Bowie and after some fiddling with the EQ was playing Bed of Razors by Children of Bodom)

It may be a budget tube amp, but it still is a great amp if you spend a little time with it. Though I admit, the tone can be a little thin for metal at very low volumes but with the master volume around 3 or 4 it really starts to kick off

i haven't been able to try one cranked, sometimes on cheaper tube amps they don't sound as much better at high volumes as they should (which is most of the point of a valve amp)- glad you could confirm it sounds better at higher volumes. That being the case, I'd go with the randall- though i'd probably go with a different speaker cab.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
oh, sorry, i thought you meant you were going for the head version, lol.

if you're going with the combo, i'd make do with the stock speaker till you've tried some speakers in other amps, and also till you know what you want the new speaker to improve about your sound. Similar to pickups, in other words.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
no problem.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
You got MSN? Just incase I need to ask a random question about an amp, since you show you know alot
just post it on here, or pm me, that's handier. My msn doesn't always work, my computer doesn't always sign me in, lol.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?