Just got back from holiday, my mp3 player got broken . I had a 6Gb Sony and it was cool but since I have to replace it, I'm going to increase the capacity. I've narrowed it down to either the iPod 5G 30 Gb or the Creative Zen Vision M 30GB MP3/Multimedia Player. There's not much difference in the price and I wondered who has experience of each one? Any recommendations? Ta.
"I didn't mean to kill nobody ... I just meant to shoot the sonofabitch in the head. Him dying was between him and the Lord." RL Burnside.

"I won't waste my love on a nation" BRMC
neither they both suck.
P.L.U.R.

We'll choke on our vomit and that will be the end

We were fated to pretend
ipod
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
idk anyone who had a zen...but if u get an ipod get insurance for it!!!!
n get a case and screen protector....those bitches scratch easily
I have a Zen and I'm pretty happy with it.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
My brother's had both an iPod and a Zen and both were completely unreliable, and broke...

As for me, my mp3 player holds 15 songs and came free when my dad brought a drill.

=[
I have the Zen Vision, and got it after quite a bit of research into it vs Ipods, so IMO it's better. I haven't actually tried out the video stuff on it yet, but its great for music. The battery seems to last for ages, it sounds really good (way better than my PC) and it's simple to use, though perhaps less so than the Ipod.

You'll get more street cred with an Ipod too, but people who actually know what they're talking about will give you more respect for having a Creative xD

^+1 to whoever mentioned screen protectors. I've had my zen for a couple of months now and the screen is scratched to **** already. I don't really mind it looking used, but I need to look after it so it doesn't get worse lol
I've had an ipod(4gb) for 6 months now and I've had no problems with it at all.
battery life's not fantastic however.
I have a mp3 player, sumvision 2gb, £30 i think. had it in my bag, my water leaked SOAKED IT completely. Turned it on a few times and even plugged it into a pc a few times to get it to work even though power would generally have damaged the mp3 player parts. It dried and now works fine lol.
ipods screens break so easily it's not even funny... that's how i've gone thru like 3 of em in a year
when they come for me, i'll be sitting at my desk, with a gun in my hand, wearin a bullet-proof vest, singin: "my my my how the time does fly, when you know you're gonna die by the end of the night"
Zen FTW

I broke my 8gb zen a couple of weeks ago,it was my own fault though.
And the year before I broke my sony 1gb thinig as well.
I've had my 30gb iPod video since they were first released and I've not had one problem with it at all. iTunes is easy to use and the interface is nice and simple and a dream to use if you're driving.

I'd go iPod.
Quote by punkrocker10115
neither they both suck.

If they both suck do you have any other suggestions?
"I didn't mean to kill nobody ... I just meant to shoot the sonofabitch in the head. Him dying was between him and the Lord." RL Burnside.

I'm edging towards the Zen at the minute. I've heard the iPods can be a bit delicate and I'm also a bit concerned about the whole iTunes thing - the Zen seems to be able to handle most formats but he iPod can only use tracks bought from iTunes - is this right? Is there a way round this?