Page 3 of 620
UFC 85 went from Liddell vs. Shogun, to Liddell vs. Evans. tooooo, Rashad Evans vs. James Irvin.

but Dana White has made up for it big time by adding some good fights. main event is now Matt Hughes vs. Thiago Alves.

Theres Bisping vs. Leben (looking foward to that the most)
Werdum vs. Vera

plus 8 Preliminary fights.

as for UFC 84, cant wait for Machida vs. Ortiz.
Quote by Graveworm
The whole muagy thai or whatever crap is just meh to me.
^ None of those fights you really interest me at all.
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
Quote by BigFatSandwich
^ None of those fights you really interest me at all.

Well im excited for Alves-Hughes too see if Alves cements his place as a top contender for the title.

Bisping-Leben because its just gonna be brawler against more techincal striker, either way its not going to the ground. Plus i hate both and want too see one of them knocked out

and Werdum-Vera because Vera is filipino
Quote by Graveworm
Quote by flying_phoenix
^ Mixed Martial Arts. Organizations like Ultimate Fighting Championship, Pride FC, International Fight League and the like. I guess MMA isnt a well known term.

Pride and UFC=samething.
well not neccesarily.
Dana and the fertittas own both.
but Pride has fewer rules and is basicaly true Vale Tudo whereas UFC has more rules.
The most powerful yugioh card is the Chuck Norris Card. Once brought into play, all other cards spontaneously burst into flames. Chuck Norris will then jump out of the card and roundhouse kick you and everyone else for playing such a gay game.
Quote by TokiNotABumbleB
Pride and UFC=samething.
well not neccesarily.
but Pride has fewer rules and is basicaly true Vale Tudo whereas UFC has more rules.

This thread is almost a year old, so when that was posted, Pride and the UFC were different. Pride is essentiall defunct.
Hi, I'm Peter
did anybody see Chuck Liddell lose to Rampage Jackson? What was up with that he lost with one punch a minute and a half into the fight. why has he been off so much lately?
brandon vera all the way
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
spencer fisher, even though lately he hasn't been doing great. rampage jackson, rashod evans, bas...theres alot of good fighters but those are some good ones there
Quote by TokiNotABumbleB
Pride and UFC=samething.
well not neccesarily.

what? that's not true. the only major rule differences were that pride allowed knees to the head of a downed opponent and soccer kicks.
Banging on a trash can
Fedor over Timmy all day long.

For some reason, I couldn't stand Timmy ... when he was champion, I always imagined him wearing his belt to go to the grocery or to church.

Anderson Silva has improved so much ... anybody remember how Ryo Chonan owned him in Pride after the flying scissor takedown (ala Cung Le)? I also miss the old Hayato Mach Sakurai.

I love MMA, I don't really follow any specific fighters, but I like Georges St. Pierre. I'm a wretler and stuff, but I'm gonna start getting into some form of martial arts like BJJ or Muay Thai, a lot of my friends do these but I have no way to get to the gyms.
BJJ is so expensive. If you're a wrestler, just join Judo, very inexpensive, and roll with them. Lots of Judokas cross-train BJJ anyway. Fortunately, my aunt's husband's sister's brother is a Brazilian Judoka, lots of newaza (ground fighting).

Boxing is also pretty inexpensive. Buy a heavy bag to practice those kicks (using the shin).

I love MMA. i dont fight. i would need to get into way better shape. Its quite hard for me to follow it. But did I ever love George St-Pierre wreck Matt Huges with a VERBAL tapout LMAO. I like GSP since he is Quebecois (french Canadian) and they got stuborn attitudes when pissed off. I like Randy Couture also since he is old and still keeps coming.. thats all i can say since its hard for me to keep up.
Quote by Ippon
Anderson Silva has improved so much ... anybody remember how Ryo Chonan owned him in Pride after the flying scissor takedown (ala Cung Le)?

What made it even more ridiculous was the fact that silva was taking him to the pwn shop up until that happened.
Banging on a trash can
Mutual ass kicking is always cool, so... yep. I'm a fan lol
My God, it's full of stars!
by the way, guys. rampage just got arrested earlier today after a high speed pursuit.

oopsies.
Banging on a trash can
yep i read about it to damn he must be depressed from losing his title or something
RAW ROCK KILLS!- ShowBread
Hello, My name is Armando and im your bunny
dont forget this saturday free fight night on spike TV. anderson silva's debut at 205, which i honestly think will be a tougher fight than most people think. also Vera's debut at 205.
Quote by Graveworm
Quote by Esp_kill07
yep i read about it to damn he must be depressed from losing his title or something

all I know is, I can't wait to hear his explanation.
Banging on a trash can
Silva a a tough guy but changing weight classes like that will show on his performance. He should have just stuck to 185.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky DK2L
Epiphone LP Standard
Yamaha Acoustic
Bugera 1990 w/ Peavey 2x12 cab
Quote by Oguchi Onyewu
dont forget this saturday free fight night on spike TV. anderson silva's debut at 205, which i honestly think will be a tougher fight than most people think. also Vera's debut at 205.

Awesome, thanks for the heads up man
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Quote by DZCunuck
Silva a a tough guy but changing weight classes like that will show on his performance. He should have just stuck to 185.

well he's not sticking at 205, he says that division belongs to lyoto machida and he doesnt want to interfere. hes pretty much just doing this for dana white, because he asked him. which makes me respect silva even more, bastard just wants to fight and help MMA grow
Quote by Graveworm
Quote by BigFatSandwich
by the way, guys. rampage just got arrested earlier today after a high speed pursuit.

oopsies.

"UFC president Dana White flew to Orange County upon learning of the arrest and said he was driving to the county jail to post bail for Jackson."

Anybody care to guess how many times Dana says FLICK during his conversation with Rampage after he posts bail?

Dana: Do you want to be a f uck ing convict?

And Matt Hughes is not a little bitch. He's class. As someone who's been doing all sorts of martial arts for over a decade, I feel 100% confident saying that Hughes is the most dominant champ in his weight class ever, and definitely the classiest champion in any weight class ever. That said, I think he should retire now. Even great fighters get old.

Spider is one of the best athletes in sports anywhere, and I suspect he'll make a showing even going up a class. I'm glad, though, that he wants to continue to dominate his own class, too.

Favorite fighters:
Forrest Griffin (tough mo-fo),
Chuck Liddell,
Matt Hughes,
Georges Rush St. Pierre (the single best athlete in sports, maybe on the planet),
Anderson Silva (GSP's second-in-command as best athlete imho)

And back in the day, I really liked Phil Baroni.
Classifieds mod said this didn't count as trying to sell anything, I'll say it here:

If you're looking to be able to take credit cards in-person (not over the internet where paypal will work), pm me and I can hook you up with the stuff you need.
Quote by The_bushidoka
And Matt Hughes is not a little bitch. He's class. As someone who's been doing all sorts of martial arts for over a decade, I feel 100% confident saying that Hughes is the most dominant champ in his weight class ever, and definitely the classiest champion in any weight class ever. That said, I think he should retire now. Even great fighters get old.

Spider is one of the best athletes in sports anywhere, and I suspect he'll make a showing even going up a class. I'm glad, though, that he wants to continue to dominate his own class, too.

Favorite fighters:
Forrest Griffin (tough mo-fo),
Chuck Liddell,
Matt Hughes,
Georges Rush St. Pierre (the single best athlete in sports, maybe on the planet),
Anderson Silva (GSP's second-in-command as best athlete imho)

And back in the day, I really liked Phil Baroni.

Matt Hughes? Class?? Are you kidding me? He's the biggest dick on the planet.
Banging on a trash can
I think Fedor proved that he is without a doubt the best fighter in the world. . . period. Silva is great, and with the long legs and long arms can handle just about anyone. But, pound for pound, there is no one better than Fedor Emelianenko over the past 8 years.
UG NMA Member #2

Gil Grissom PWNS YOU!
One thing to say about Silva: wow.
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Quote by ACG
One thing to say about Silva: wow.

+1
'And if this clock keeps beating down, let the branded time keep playing, of all the minutes that were taken away, will your watch be waiting.'
I love it. I don't practice MMA, I do practice Jiu-Jitsu though. Big fan of Bas Rutten, Wanderlei Silva and when it comes to new fighters I like Terry Etim and Jason Tan, mainly because I've met them and they're both decent blokes as well as good fighters

EDIT: I just made a group for MMA and K-1 fans. See my sig.
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
Last edited by andyd93 at Jul 20, 2008,
Damn, Fedor is hands down the best fighter of all time. He disposed of Tim Sylvia as if Sylvia was some 5'4 Japanese can in Pride. Absolutely incredible. He'll destroy Randy Couture quickly too, and maybe Josh Barnett and Arlovski after that. He could take them all, and then he could retire as the biggest legend in all of MMA.

Silva was impressive too, but he was facing an unranked, untested 205'er who everyone expected to lose anyways.
All this talk about fedor and silva is making you guys forget about the other fights taht took place that night!

Banging on a trash can
Last edited by BigFatSandwich at Jul 21, 2008,
I hate all those fat idiot who wear Tapout **** and act like they can fight.

Ugh, and I thought I was done with posers when I graduated from High School....
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
I wear Tapout shorts Not because I can fight, they're comfy to train in, airy to walk around in and they look cool too.
Quote by Atomic_Assault
lololololol that was epic andyd93. you just made my day

PROUD EVERTONIAN
I guess I'm the only UGer who's been up following the DREAM 5 pbp?
Banging on a trash can