Page 5 of 620
I dont think him taking a dive is going to help anyone, not Kimbo, and definatly not EXC. Kimbo is the reason people watch, he is their "meal ticket/cash cow" so to speak. Kimbo losing to a fill in nobody is devastating, from a buisness standpoint. I see EXC as putting a bunch of over the hill fighters (Tank & Shamrock) in front of him so he can gain some kind of credability in MMA but this is bad for them...... very bad. Im not a Kimbo hater, Im glad to see him making some money but he would get destroyed by any top ranked UFC fighter.
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
If anything, EliteXC could have realized Kimbo isnt the fighter they thought he'd be. Set him up to lose to seth in an impressive knockout to set up a bigger money fight with seth in it.
I dont know if it was staged or not, but Ive taken harder punches then that, I want Dana White to allow Kimbo into the UFC for a Spike TV Fight Night, against a smaller Brazillian Ju Jitsu blackbelt, and when Kimbo gets his arm broken, we can all laugh, and Dana White would simply say "I told you so"
Quote by Cockpuncher 2.0
I dont know if it was staged or not, but Ive taken harder punches then that, I want Dana White to allow Kimbo into the UFC for a Spike TV Fight Night, against a smaller Brazillian Ju Jitsu blackbelt, and when Kimbo gets his arm broken, we can all laugh, and Dana White would simply say "I told you so"

kimbo v bj penn lol

but yeah elite xc < ufc

i watched elite xc on tv the other day it was just gross...all the fighters were so sloppy and sucky it was embarassing
Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me
Quote by Ippon
UFC 89!!! I'm going with the following:

Leben over Bisping
Vera over Jardine

Purely emotional choices there.

Wrong and wrong.
Dammit lesnar won 2nd round tko. man i died a lil inside i feel bad that couture lost
RAW ROCK KILLS!- ShowBread
Hello, My name is Armando and im your bunny
At least Lesnar will DEFINITELY lose against either Nogueira or Frank Mir. I mean, that's as bad a matchup as there is. He would get submitted so fast.
I hope Nogueira pulls of a sick submission on him. Man lesnar's GnP looks akward and funny he got lucky with that punch that almost missed couture.

overall Nogueria will end up being the champion. hes the only guy that has come close to beating fedor.talking about him i would like to see fedor kill lesnar
RAW ROCK KILLS!- ShowBread
Hello, My name is Armando and im your bunny
I'm not a die-hard MMA fan, but i like to watch it from time to time...

So far, some of my favorite fighters/some of the fighters i see alot of potential in:

Anderson Silva
Frank Mir
Clay Guida
Brock Lesnar (HOLY ****ING SHIT)
Forrest Griffin
Amir Sadollah (gettin' into Ultimate Fighter kids now)
Efrain Escudero

no particular order...

I would kill to get into MMA training if i could, but i don't think i got the potential lol.
It's damn fun to watch though. And i hate that Junie Browning guy... he's got potential, but he's a punk.
Quote by Esp_kill07
I hope Nogueira pulls of a sick submission on him. Man lesnar's GnP looks akward and funny he got lucky with that punch that almost missed couture.

overall Nogueria will end up being the champion. hes the only guy that has come close to beating fedor.talking about him i would like to see fedor kill lesnar

Yeah, Fedor would fucking destroy him within a minute. Lesnar would just be another easy win for Fedor.
Quote by Esp_kill07

Even then, Fedor Dominated Big Nog. twice.
Quote by Patty-cakez
I'm not a die-hard MMA fan, but i like to watch it from time to time...

So far, some of my favorite fighters/some of the fighters i see alot of potential in:

Anderson Silva
Frank Mir
Clay Guida
Brock Lesnar (HOLY ****ING SHIT)
Forrest Griffin
Amir Sadollah (gettin' into Ultimate Fighter kids now)
Efrain Escudero

no particular order...

I would kill to get into MMA training if i could, but i don't think i got the potential lol.
It's damn fun to watch though. And i hate that Junie Browning guy... he's got potential, but he's a punk.

Don't be afraid to start man, I just started this semester in college. Some guy's have a grappling "club" and we all practice some of this stuff and spar. It's just pure grappling but it still kicks your ass haha. I'm still sore from Friday but I like it and I just wish I would have started sooner, like a lot of things in my life.
Quote by Fishyesque
Well, you might make her think otherwise.

You could just show her that you have a PS3 and BANG.

Heterosexual.

Quote by metal4all
A chainsaw can take a girl off her feet pretty nicely. Then there are less limbs to worry about while you rape her.
This thread hasn't been updated in ages. It's kind of disappointing. I'm really pumped for UFC 92. My picks for the main card are:
Forrest Griffin
Nogueira
Wanderlei Silva
Massenzio
Cheick Kongo
Ibanez Prestige RGA321SPB
Arlovski is set to beat Fedor tonight! Anyone else excited?
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
I don't watch MMA but used to train Tae Kwon-Do and Ju-Jitsu
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
AA by KO!!!!!!!!!!

and WEC tomorrow too!!!!
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by Momentosis
AA by KO!!!!!!!!!!

and WEC tomorrow too!!!!

Oops, Fedor owned that **** with a brilliant right hand KO as Arlovski went for the flying knee.

I don't believe in god, I don't believe in the supernatural, I don't believe in religion, but I believe in Fedor.
MMA SUCKS ASS, it doesn't compare to boxing. They call it grappling and "Brazilian Ju-Jitsu" (like they haven't said that a billion times) anyways it usually looks like they are trying to have sex with each other. When they get each other in guillotine chokes it reminds me of a woman kicking you in the balls cause to me its only a move you would do when you know you can't beat the other guy, when they twist a guy's foot to make him tapout is the most pussy thing I could imagine, and armbars are just lame and you have to press the other guy's arm against your balls which is another reason why its such a gay move. Real men don't "mount" each other, grabbing and holding each other, choking each other, then pressing the opponents arm against their balls, that sounds like a rough gay sex video. MMA is supposed to be so great cause its new but its just a mish mash of crap. In real life a boxer would knock the F out any MMA guy before he got any of his dumb "Ju-Jitsu" moves going. That's the truth so hate me for it. [/flameshield]
Quote by irishstang_87
Americans. And I'm American. But Americans in general piss me off.

Quote by MightyAl
But they all fall under the catagory i like to call sh!tcore.

Quote by Union Jake
Oh and BTW i didn't start it, i was like WTF at first but then everyone else did it, and i didn't wanna be left out,
Quote by monotony777
MMA SUCKS ASS, it doesn't compare to boxing. They call it grappling and "Brazilian Ju-Jitsu" (like they haven't said that a billion times) anyways it usually looks like they are trying to have sex with each other. When they get each other in guillotine chokes it reminds me of a woman kicking you in the balls cause to me its only a move you would do when you know you can't beat the other guy, when they twist a guy's foot to make him tapout is the most pussy thing I could imagine, and armbars are just lame and you have to press the other guy's arm against your balls which is another reason why its such a gay move. Real men don't "mount" each other, grabbing and holding each other, choking each other, then pressing the opponents arm against their balls, that sounds like a rough gay sex video. MMA is supposed to be so great cause its new but its just a mish mash of crap. In real life a boxer would knock the F out any MMA guy before he got any of his dumb "Ju-Jitsu" moves going. That's the truth so hate me for it. [/flameshield]

Are you being serious?
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
Quote by BigFatSandwich

Are you being serious?

Hell yeah I'm serious and I guess I am a troll for not loving the **** every one else does. I don't know how anyone can like some BS where people win by twisting the foot or choking their opponent. That is not fighting. You might as well add ball kicking or nut twisting to it so its more "edgy." You know how I like see two sweaty men laying on top of each other in a ring, give me a break.
Quote by irishstang_87

Quote by MightyAl

Quote by Union Jake
Oh and BTW i didn't start it, i was like WTF at first but then everyone else did it, and i didn't wanna be left out,
Quote by monotony777
Hell yeah I'm serious and I guess I am a troll for not loving the **** every one else does. I don't know how anyone can like some BS where people win by twisting the foot or choking their opponent. That is not fighting. You might as well add ball kicking or nut twisting to it so its more "edgy." You know how I like see two sweaty men laying on top of each other in a ring, give me a break.

No but seriously. We can talk about this without resorting to homophobic comments that make you sound unsure of your own sexuality. "AAAWWW THAT'S SO GAY LOOKIN'!"

I'm at work, so I'm gonna be on these forums for another seven hours. Let's start debating. Just one thing at a time. Why do you hate MMA so much? Gimme just one reason to go with here.
Banging on a trash can
Quote by monotony777

First of all, you try it, then tell me its just sweaty men lying on top of each other

Secondly, I watch boxing, and the majority of the fights I watch are boring as sh¡t in my opinion
Quote by monotony777

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=zFMs3OzA6r8

That boxing for you... Royce didn't even throw a punch and the boxer is already tapping out like a wuss. You can be quiet now.
Quote by Meths

Obviously I'm biased towards the correct point of view. What kind of retard isn't?

Goddamnit. Why can't mma and boxing coexist? I love both sports. Why do people feel the need to compare them?
Banging on a trash can
Quote by Cockpuncher 2.0
First of all, you try it, then tell me its just sweaty men lying on top of each other

Secondly, I watch boxing, and the majority of the fights I watch are boring as sh¡t in my opinion

Why would I try it? Like I said three times that is not the way real fights happen. Next time your in one try a armbar or triangle choke and I bet you'll be on the ground bleeding before you can even try it. I used to like MMA a lot before I started to see through it and one of the reasons is the UFC is all hype, all of their fighters are the best in the world, that's why they had to buy Pride in order to try and get Fedor but that backfired.
Quote by irishstang_87

Quote by MightyAl

Quote by Union Jake
Last edited by monotony777 at Jan 25, 2009,
Quote by monotony777
Why would I try it? Like I said three times that is not the way real fights happen. Next time your in one try a armbar or triangle choke and I bet you'll be on the ground bleeding before you can even try it.

It's a sport. There are rules. Just like in boxing. (I don't recall seeing anyone get a standing 8 count in any real life street fights. Do you?) And that mindset you have is the EXACT reason the Gracies even started having UFCs. Go watch some early ones and get educated.

Also, if you trained a little bit, maybe you'd have a little more respect for exactly what's going on inside the ring/cage.
Banging on a trash can
Last edited by BigFatSandwich at Jan 25, 2009,
Quote by monotony777

You're truly retarded. GTFO before you embarrass yourself anymore. I'd like to see you put in a no rules fight with a pro MMA fighter so that they could beat some sense into you...and by sense, I mean death.
Quote by AzureNight
You're truly retarded. GTFO before you embarrass yourself anymore. I'd like to see you put in a no rules fight with a pro MMA fighter so that they could beat some sense into you...and by sense, I mean death.

Wow, good one. I'm so embarrassed, that's why I'm laughing at you. I guess since a fanboy like you can't fight his own battles a MMA fighter would have to "beat sense into me."
Quote by irishstang_87

Quote by MightyAl

Quote by Union Jake
Last edited by monotony777 at Jan 25, 2009,
Quote by monotony777
Wow, good one. I'm so embarrassed, that's why I'm laughing at you.

Good job ignoring all my posts, dude.
Banging on a trash can
Monotony, lmao

i don't really know what to tell you, but watch the original days of the UFC.

There are basically no rules, and some very respected Karate champions and even a professional boxer, see how well they do against Royce Gracie. Maybe if you watch that you'll understand how dominating that style of fighting is

I just read that Fedor won his fight last night by knockout, pretty sweet.

I'd like to see him fight Frank Mir after Mir beats Lesnar again
Quote by monotony777
MMA SUCKS ASS, it doesn't compare to boxing.

And boxing is two grown men in nothing but silk shorts and shoes (and gloves, but let's not be picky) fighting over a belt and a purse.

But seriously, i don't wanna rag on any fighting martial art, but the fact is that MMA fighters TEND to be much more well-rounded fighters than boxers.

Don't like it? Boo-hoo. Watch something else. I don't care about what you think.
Quote by bassplayer33333
Sinisa Rules all.

Quote by zbest
That is part of the reason that the mafia does so much drug trafficing, its so they wont die of hunger because they dont have anything.
gsp vs bj penn tonight!! so if this thread isn't totally dead... who do ya think is gonna take it??
I'll admit it, I thought Brock Lesnar was gonna suck ass. I mean come on, he was in the WWE. But when I saw him fight Min Soo Kim I was like damn. This guy's got something.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.