ages ago i got a black and white replica guitar-Eleca guitar, ok guitar but i wanted to customize it and i did, first time job, it was white, with, black skull, 2 stars, one red one black and white stripes and i painted the hardware which looked really gay and put some lostprophets lyrics on the neck i thought i was ok but then when i clear coated it it went yellow i sprayed too close and too ahrd so i decided recently to sand it down to just wood grain, varnish it, which i thought would look pretty cool as i havent seen one before and get black hardware, which hopefully will look good.

ill put sum pics up when my camera is working again

btw if anyone has any ideas of like a little design i should put on it, say so
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
just buy a new guitar and froget that. sounds like more work than it will ever be worth
your really just increasing the look. if you want better performance upgrade the pickups etc...
that's not true mike. if you only want a better guitar i'd say buy a new one. but if you want to make the guitar you have now look better, then i'd say go for it bro!

and a biohazard sticker/design is always badass on a guitar!
Gear:
ESP Eclipse 300
Jackson RR3
Bugera 6262 head
Trace Elliot straight cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
^STFU

you should really show pics of what you have and what you want to turn it into
GEAR
- Epi Les Paul Custom (emma)
- Orange Tiny Terror
- 2x12 w/greenbacks
-MXR ZW-44 Overdrivel
- MXR Phase 90
- EB Volume JR.
- Boss DD-3
i would get a new guitar but most of the time from the guitar shop near where i live the finishes are boring and the ones with different paintjobs are like £1,000-£3,000 and i have no money and this guitar was really cheap so if i dont like the wood grain i can just paint it

and i am gonna buy a few bodies off of eBay because they are real cheap on there and probably do something to them, i saw a thread where this kid was making a Monterey strat and ebfore he started he burned his guitar and it looked awsome burnt so im gonna do that to one hopefully
(\__/)
Last edited by no_skill_at_all at Jul 27, 2007,
yeah im hopefully gonna get pics up today
(\__/)
this is what i made my guitar into, i was younger and had bad ideas and when i made it fretless is sounded like crap, im gonna get a new neck for it or put the frets back in and the last two pictures are what i want to turn it into, kinda like that not as dark, the pic i wanted to use was too big oh and btw if you are wondering which your probably not, i dont care if this takes me ages coz i wanted a guitar project for the summer 6 weeks. im going to get black hardware for it if it dont look good im gonna paint it or something
Attachments:
20538339a4369040592b828716882l.jpg
20538339a4369040993b708642091l.jpg
woodgrain1.JPG
woodgrain2.JPG
(\__/)
Don't finish the neck, Unfinished necks are so much better. Just go to wal-mart and buy a 4.00 thing of tung-oil and put it on the neck.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Quote by CORT noob
Don't finish the neck, Unfinished necks are so much better. Just go to wal-mart and buy a 4.00 thing of tung-oil and put it on the neck.

that would be finishing it...
Quote by Diamond Dave
that would be finishing it...

Really? Well, I meant don't gloss it.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123

so when ive sanded it down to just the wood grain, after i put the white spirit on it, put the tung oil on the neck, would i do it on the body aswell, that porbably sounds like a stupid question...
(\__/)
and should i put varnish on it?
(\__/)
ive decided on going for 2 thick-ish black racing stripes but i want the wood grain to still show, sould i use black epoxy or black varnish for this? and after ive done that should i put clear varnish all over the body and neck or something else to protect it?
(\__/)
nah, i dont want it like that, its just the picture of what i want it to look like is too large, and do you have any answers to the bit about epoxy or varnish and what not?
(\__/)
Quote by no_skill_at_all
so when ive sanded it down to just the wood grain, after i put the white spirit on it, put the tung oil on the neck, would i do it on the body aswell, that porbably sounds like a stupid question...

I'm pretty sure you just sand it down, make sure it's clean and rub tung-oil on it. I'm not sure, though, so google it or something first. No, don't put it on the body.
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123