Page 1 of 2
Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape. He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as knowing when to come in out of the rain, why the early bird gets the worm, life isn't always fair, and maybe it was my fault.

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies (don't spend more than you earn) and reliable parenting strategies (adults, not children, are in charge).

His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place. Reports of a six-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.

Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job they themselves failed to do in disciplining their unruly children. It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer Aspirin, sun lotion or a sticky plaster to a student, but could not inform the parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

Common Sense lost the will to live as the Ten Commandments became contraband; churches became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims. Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar can sue you for assault.

Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.

Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents, Truth and Trust; his wife, Discretion; his daughter, Responsibility; and his son, Reason. He is survived by three stepbrothers; I Know My Rights, Someone Else Is To Blame, and I'm A Victim.

Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone. If you still remember him, pass this on. If not, join the majority and do nothing.

~~ Author Unknown ~~
I thought this was aboutt a UGer at first....
brnh.bandcamp.com
Common sense will be missed greatly. =[
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
oh ****, I thought you were talking about the emcee Common Sense...
Team Orange

Quote by Ehh
You calling your parents assholes because they wouldn't buy you a phone with a camera? Maybe you deserve to have picks on your nips.
Quote by Scarlet_Fever

Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents, Truth and Trust; his wife, Discretion; his daughter, Responsibility; and his son, Reason. He is survived by three stepbrothers; I Know My Rights, Someone Else Is To Blame, and I'm A Victim.

Common sense died when knowing ones constitutional rights was perceived as a bad thing. Prick.
That's rather good. It's also very true, in the UK atleast everything has become so bureaucratic it's silly. We're turning into a nanny state.
Common sense isn't quite dead. Just not very common. Kind of like being in a coma if you want to use life/death metaphors.
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
I got it in a forward and I liked it a lot haha so true. In my version though, the sons were the only ones left and they were named "My Rights" and "Ima Whiner"
Quote by NorseGodofRock
Common sense died when knowing ones constitutional rights was perceived as a bad thing. Prick.

I think it means the fact that people use it to get out of trouble like murderers and paedophile's being treated well in prison because they have human rights.

EDIT: I mean Ian Huntley murdered two 10 year old girs and the manager of the prison he was in had to leave for being too hard on a guy who kidnapped and killed two girls I mean WTF he should be shot not imprisoned! So should he have his rights even though he took two lives?
Last edited by Count Seanula at Jul 26, 2007,
Quote by Count Seanula
That's rather good. It's also very true, in the UK atleast everything has become so bureaucratic it's silly. We're turning into a nanny state.

Exactly. In New Zealand, we're being told how to raise our children! The use of 'excessive force' (otherwise known as a smack or a spank) is illegal and considered child abuse. WTF??!!!
but in all seriousness, common sense still lives on, it's not dead. Some people still have it, some people who say they have it don't, but really it's perceived in so many ways, that some dumbass will have to go and **** it up thinking he had common sense

it's a bad world and no one's gonna win till we all get our **** straight
Team Orange

Quote by Ehh
You calling your parents assholes because they wouldn't buy you a phone with a camera? Maybe you deserve to have picks on your nips.
The coffee that scalded the woman in mcdonalds was so hot, it fused her labia to her nylon pants.

FACT.
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!
Who names their kid common.

Talk about shitty parents.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Quote by NorseGodofRock

You might want to change your tampon. There's a difference between knowing one's human's rights and blindly following them like a twat, which is clearly what the threadstater was alluding to.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Quote by Pedricko
The coffee that scalded the woman in mcdonalds was so hot, it fused her labia to her nylon pants.

FACT.

So she wears the same pants all the time because she can't take them off?? lawl.

Edit: Too right Yakult. Cheers.
Quote by Scarlet_Fever
Exactly. In New Zealand, we're being told how to raise our children! The use of 'excessive force' (otherwise known as a smack or a spank) is illegal and considered child abuse. WTF??!!!

that is pretty much in every country now we have it in canada and i don't know bout us assume so but you never know
song stuck in my head today

kinda true punk but bits of it were total bs.overall id call whoever came up with this a punk and id chill with em.load up the peace pipe and then go thrash the city with my spraypaint
Quote by sundile
kinda true punk but bits of it were total bs.overall id call whoever came up with this a punk and id chill with em.load up the peace pipe and then go thrash the city with my spraypaint

Thank you for soiling the otherwise intelligent debate in this thread, but I believe you and your 'peace pipe' are looking for the 'I'm a dumbass' thread.
Quote by sundile

+1
Team Orange

Quote by Ehh
Quote by Pedricko

FACT.

The woman who spilled the coffee on herself was so stupid, she needed a picture to know that her coffee was hot.

FACT.
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
Quote by Scarlet_Fever
Thank you for soiling the otherwise intelligent debate in this thread, but I believe you and your 'peace pipe' are looking for the 'I'm a dumbass' thread.

there wasn't even much of a debate going on
Team Orange

Quote by Ehh
You fail at trying to be funny.
We spent a lifetime on the
Beaches of Normandy in vain

Quote by poopsmith666
oooh look at me, i'm clincher, internet tough guy

Quote by theBaartMan
When Nostradamus predicted badassery, he spoke of clincher09.

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
You know what, why not instead of posting a stupid chain bulletin you got off of myspace, or your e-mail or whatever

try this

Team Orange

Quote by Ehh
If you think I was trying to be funny, Clincher you're more of a douchbag than your name suggests. And 'TheGuitarDreams', I'm just trying to wake people up/start an intelligent thread in the pit. So excuuuuse me for not starting one like "ever been caught whacking off/smoking weed etc...".

If you dont like the thread, piss off.
Quote by Scarlet_Fever
If you think I was trying to be funny, Clincher you're more of a douchbag than your name suggests.

What the hell did that have to do with anything?

Fail.
We spent a lifetime on the
Beaches of Normandy in vain

Quote by poopsmith666
oooh look at me, i'm clincher, internet tough guy

Quote by theBaartMan
When Nostradamus predicted badassery, he spoke of clincher09.

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
ugh, at least NorseGodofRock had a suggestion before he called me a prick. Come up with a point of view on the matter before you just rock up and say "nah you fail". Christ.
Btw, it didn't have anything to do with anything, I just wanted to call you a douchebag
Quote by clincher09
What the hell did that have to do with anything?

Fail.

Right he fails at life because he disagrees with you? That's a bit pathetic isn't it.
Quote by Scarlet_Fever
If you think I was trying to be funny, Clincher you're more of a douchbag than your name suggests. And 'TheGuitarDreams', I'm just trying to wake people up/start an intelligent thread in the pit. So excuuuuse me for not starting one like "ever been caught whacking off/smoking weed etc...".

I'm not saying for you to not do that. I mean, I always come to the Pit to get a laugh, but I really don't think your gonna get much intelligence in here other than "YOU PHAIL" and other **** like that.

also try to be a little original, I mean, I could rant for hours about the problems of the world too, but hey, nobody's gonna care anyway, everyone is gonna just roll over and deal, probably like you will too
Team Orange

Quote by Ehh
Quote by Scarlet_Fever
So you're saying I should just give up because everyone is too complacent? Alright then.

I am not saying that either.

But if you really want to change the world, by all means go for it.

But you really need to have some influence other than the Pit
Team Orange

Quote by Ehh
Page 1 of 2