http://www.ibanez.co.jp/world/country/frame_uk.html

It's the GRG170DX on there, and how would I go about attaching a lock nut.

Reason for replacement is that every time I do a divebomb the bloody thing goes out of tune and to be fair it isn't a bad guitar. Also with it being my first ever guitar I wanna customize it and make it something great for sentimental reasons.

If theres any major work involved a walk through of some kind or anything would be appreciated.

Any helpful response would be appreciated.

Cheers in advance - Joel
Last edited by Joelieo at Jul 26, 2007,
Not without routing of some kind- Stewmac sells routing templates for OFRs.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
It's originally a standard tremolo, so it would be a lot of work. You would have to cut a cavity in the body and cut some wood away at the nut to put on the locking nut. If you want an FR, get another guitar with one. You don't want your only guitar to have a Floyd, trust me.

EDIT: You just want a locking nut? If you're going to get a locking nut, you should get a Floyd Rose. It's got a lot more range, so your divebombs will sound much better, and using a locking nut for a standard tremolo is overkill.
My League of Legends stream
The morning will come
In the press of every kiss
With your head upon my chest

Where I will annoy you
With every waking breath
Until you, decide to wake up
Last edited by SOADrox429 at Jul 26, 2007,
.....just incase you didn't know, thats normal, and since it's a GIO it isn't the best guitar on the planet, i don't think it's worth it cuz you have to buy a locking trem too
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Don't get me wrong I have 2 more guitars beside this one, but I just thought it'd be a whip it out and stick the new one on and glue on the new lock nut kinda job after chipping the old nut off.

Another question however nooby it may sound - What do you mean by routing?

And I do actually want the floyd with the lock nut yeah, not just the nut for the original trem.

Or alternatively if theres anything you guys can suggest to keep the bloody thing in tune that'd be good.
Buying and installing a worthwhile trem will probably cost twice what the guitar originally cost, not worth the hassle. Get some locking tuners instead...a locking nut is useless if you don't have fine tuners at the bridge.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
If you don't know what routing is, you need to research more. Go google.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by tubab0y
If you don't know what routing is, you need to research more. Go google.

Routing

...now I'm confused
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Yes you can, i have the same guitar and managed to fit a FR in it.

But, its really not worth the hassle, just get a new guitar with a FR on it already.