So when I play my guitar my hands tend to sweat excessively, not to the point where sweat is dripping from the guitar though. It doesn't really hinder my playing, in fact, I notice that I'm able to slide around alot easier than when my hands are dry. But do I risk damaging or warping my guitar? I realize I should be wiping down my guitar after playing, which I do sometimes, but thus far I haven't noticed any damage other than dirt building up on the strings.
i dont really think so... maybe some sweat marks with time, but i consider them battle scars =P
it shouldn't damage anything, but buy lemon oil and everytime you change your strings clean your fingerboard, and wiping it off is a good idea
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Well...i doubt you'll have much of a problem. Follow ChaoticVengence's advice.

Or maybe u can try applying some baby powder on your hands before playing so that ur hands won't sweat that much.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
The excessive moisture on the strings might cause them to have problems, but other than that, I don't think there would be a problem. Just clean it up from time to time.
Yeah listien to all the other guys, because unless it's a gibson you shouldn't have any problems.
Member of the "...Still waiting for the Zombie Holocaust" club.

Founder of the "ZAKK Wylde" club

pm me to join
Believe it or not there's a surgery that'll fix your sweaty hand problem. What they do is they take a small tube with a camera and a snipper thing in it and they run it through your chest and snip this small nerve that causes the sweating in your hands. It's quite painless and you leave the hospital the same day..
Quote by burnside658958
Believe it or not there's a surgery that'll fix your sweaty hand problem. What they do is they take a small tube with a camera and a snipper thing in it and they run it through your chest and snip this small nerve that causes the sweating in your hands. It's quite painless and you leave the hospital the same day..

sounds a bit excessive unless you sweat drops off your palm
ESP Edwards E-FR-130GT
Roland Cube 30X
Idol: Sakito (Nightmare)