I need an amp to go with my new ibanez rg321

I think the 2W of the Micro might be a bit low on the power for me.

And the 20X doesnt have modeling, which i dont think is a necessity as long as the effects it has sound good.

Opinions?
I have a MicroCube, and I've played the 30X. The effects on the MircoCube are good, and I absolutely love having the different amp models. The truth is though, the MicroCube is a practice amp, and if you're going to be playing with a band, unless its through a PA system, you'll be overpowered. If the modeling intrests you then by all means try the 30X or you can also try a Line6 SpiderIII. Thats a top of the line modeling amp, and I know they have a 15 watt version.
the 20X has models.

the 15 is just a 2-channel amp.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Yes, the 20 is a modeler like the cube. The 15 is the one without. Go for the cube 20, or even higher if you can afford it. Its always better to get more SS wattage that you could possibly use for future gigging, seeing your tone dosent rely on the volume like that of a tube amp.
"or you can also try a Line6 SpiderIII. Thats a top of the line modeling amp, and I know they have a 15 watt version."

Prepare for the flames. *hides*

Why not go with a...Boss GT-8 and a Windsor stack?
Quote by Leat
"or you can also try a Line6 SpiderIII. Thats a top of the line modeling amp, and I know they have a 15 watt version."

Prepare for the flames. *hides*

Why not go with a...Boss GT-8 and a Windsor stack?

Comparing a what, 800 dollar rig to a cube 20? right..
if you want something small like the Microcube but with more power, the Vox DA-5 might work. 5 watts, though I usually use it on the half watt setting in my bedroom.

If you don't need something small though, I'd go with the Cube 20x or something from the Vox Valvetronic series. Good stuff.

also, if you can, try them out before you buy them.
The 15 watt Spider III has some modeling, just not as crazy as more expensive ones, its similar to the MicroCube.

And wouldn't "Why not go with a...Boss GT-8 and a Windsor stack?" costs something in the range of $1100, compared to say $125.00 for a Micro Cube, or $100 for the Spider III 15 Watt?