um, what kind of music do you play?

and stay away from mgs and spiders
Quote by nt1440
thats true, i hate kids who go "oh noess limewire is soo bad, viruses everywhere crashed my computer, had to buy a new one" well mayb thatll teach u that the a song isnt 112 kb and named cute_teen_has_orgasm_on_webcam_xxx
Quote by which ones pink
Skill level? Music style? Price range? IQ?

rofl sorry

I don't plan on buying anything yet, but I want to try some different ones out to get a feel for good tones and stuff, I play mostly metal, and when I do buy one I don't want to spend much more than around 400.

oh and like 130s??
a marshall mg full stack and a squier bullet. Turn everything up to 10 and play "sugar, were going down". Trust me, people love it
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Quote by imnotastoner
um, what kind of music do you play?

and stay away from mgs and spiders

Don't stay away from these. Play these alot. And, play the most expensive amps you see. Also, play the cheapest guitars through the crappiest amps and through the nicest amps. Play the most expensive guitars throught he crappiest amps and the nicest amps. Then go around and compare to mid range stuff. Try to find your favorites. Don't be scared to try stuff, infact go nuts!
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
a marshall mg full stack and a squier bullet. Turn everything up to 10 and play "sugar, were going down". Trust me, people love it

c'mon. that ain't gonna go unsigged
Quote by Jesur16
c'mon. that ain't gonna go unsigged

im considering it....
Quote by nt1440
thats true, i hate kids who go "oh noess limewire is soo bad, viruses everywhere crashed my computer, had to buy a new one" well mayb thatll teach u that the a song isnt 112 kb and named cute_teen_has_orgasm_on_webcam_xxx
Under 400 for both the guitar and the amp? or $400 guitar and $400 amp?
Rig:
Schecter Hellraiser FR
Peavey 6505 Head
Vader 4x12
BBE 482

DOD EQ
Boss NS-2
everything. period.
Help Out A Dentist; Play Rugby

I have now met 1/5 of the original GNR lineup.
so far: Steven Adler
to go: Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff.

Quote by ReeseKillsHIV

You sir, are a nice person.
well i feel bad for the threadstarter not having a serious post. Don't try mg's dont try spiders. try:
peavey valveking
b-52's
crate palomino
marshall dsl
ashdown amps
but i have to agree just go nuts and play everything. and try not to break stuff
i have to agree with CORT here, play everything you can get your hands on. play that marshall MG then play that marshal DSL and notice the difference. play that cheap crate SS amp then play the palomino and notice the difference. play an epi LP then play a $2000 gibby LP. play a squire and an american strat. once you get an idea of how a nice guitar feels and sounds, you will know what to look for. once you know what a good amp sounds like and feels like, you know what to look for.

for a metal amp on a budget, i would suggest looking at the roland cube series. going to be one of the better cheap amps for a metal tone.
Don't be misleaded if a good solid state sounds better than a tube amp because solid states usually sound better at really low volumes
Failure is a far greater teacher than success.
Unified

Gear:
Schecter C-1
Peavey Classic 30
Roland Cube 30
DD-3
Ibanez WD-7
Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive
Yes, try everything.

I used to not believe these guys on the Line 6's or any modeling amps. But after having a line 6 for a year, i am craving a better sound. Sadly, after many hours at guitar center, I can only tell you that a Tube amp is the best. Modeling amps are great if your low on cash or just practicing your guitar. But once you get serious about your tone, that's it. Only a tube amp will get you that sound.
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle

LOL!
evh 5150 III for chits and giggles
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce