I'm just wondering if I change the stock pick-ups in a Epi G-310 to the ones in a Gibson Sg Special, if there will be a difference in sound between the two. I'm hoping to save a bit of money on an upcoming purchase so it's nice to know
WHITE STRIPES

Quote by Placenta_07
I look at boobs and bums and stuff I get really horny and stuff.

PARTY OF SPECIAL THINGS TO DO
Yeah, there will be a difference. I'd say get Gibson 57's though.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
while it more depends on your amp and if its good or not. tube/valve? if not upgrade first/. unless good half stack er something
^my amp's pretty good but the sound between two different guitars won't be based on the amp
WHITE STRIPES

Quote by Placenta_07

there will be a difference in sound, but the pickups will make the epi sound better, but not as good as the gibson
my gear: ibanez destroyer( with gibson 500t pickup), epiphone les paul plus,ampeg electric, marshall jcm2000 triple super lead half stack
The eternal thread title "epi vs. gibson"... I've never seen this forum without one
The power of your example is far greater than what you say.
Quote by Whole Lotta Led
Yes there will be a sound difference... they aren't even the same woods.

aren't they both Mahogany

Edit: fine I guess I'll save for a Gibson
WHITE STRIPES

Quote by Placenta_07

Last edited by jack_the_ripper at Jul 26, 2007,
Is there a difference between a Faded special and a normal one besides the finish?
WHITE STRIPES

Quote by Placenta_07

G310 is alder I believe. It's not mahogany though... The G400 would be a better choice. With a pickup change its better than the SG Faded IMO.
So would a G400 sound like a Gibson Special with the pick-up change. And still is there a difference between A Gibson Special Faded and A non-Faded one?
WHITE STRIPES

Quote by Placenta_07

I don't see why it couldn't, might even sound better. I never liked low end Gibson's like the Faded SG... quality was no better than a Epi.

Besides looks and better woods/finishes, there isn't much of a difference between a Faded and something like the Standard. I think the Standard uses different pickups. I personally feel there a big quality gap between the two...
i would say a pickup change would make it (g400) a great great guitar. i would get burstbucker pros or something in it.