i just got a set of schaller strap locks but they didnt come with any instructions at all. i woiuld really appreciate some help on this.
Quote by farcry
the first time I've ever been sigged, and it had to be about a butthole. My dad would be proud.
Just unscrew the old ones and put the buttons on and use the replacement screws that came with the straplocks. If you are using a les paul though make sure you put a toothpick inside the hole before putting the screws in there. Otherwise your screws wont hold if even tighten down. And that would be bad when your very expensive guitar falls on the ground. Always check to make sure they are tight to because they come loose quite often.
Check Out:Stack Of Noises
My SoundClick

Mesa/Boogie Single Rectifier Rectoverb
American Fender Limited Edition
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Jackson Professional Rhoads EX EMGs
Pod XT Live
Marshall AVT20
1984 Peavey Pacer
Boss NS-2
Really simple mate.

Unscrew the old straplocks.

Screw in the Schaller straplocks.
Attach the locking part to the guitar strap.

The only possible complication comes if the Schaller screws are too small. If this is the case, put some match ends or toothpicks in the holes and screw into that. It might seem like a shoddy thing to do, but myself and many other swear by it. Holds them steady and is alot more sturdy than using wood filler etc.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
i cant get the replacement screw out of the strap lock. and theres no other way to screw it in.
Quote by farcry
the first time I've ever been sigged, and it had to be about a butthole. My dad would be proud.
Pictures please.
Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V

Marshall MG100HDFX
Marshall MA50C

Boss DS-1
Digitech RP50
Digitech Whammy IV
Vox V847 Wah Pedal
never mind i figured it out. i wasnt pulling up on the button to release the replacement screw >.< this is my first time installing/using strap locks. sorry.
Quote by farcry
some straplocks (i know dunlops for sure) require an extra deep hole be drilled...hopefully yours isn't like that

i dont understand why people buy straplocks
i just buy 2 washers and put that over my strap and under the strap pin..works like a charm and is only 30 cents!
^i tried something like that on my les paul junior but the buttons are really rounded so they wouldnt fit on right.
Quote by farcry