hey i wasnt sure where to put this so if theres a better place just tell me and ill delete this one. im trying to work on my singing, and ive never really tried it before. ive just been singing easy stuff like otherside or parallel universe by rhcp in my car and stuff similar to that. i can sing that stuff pretty easily, BUT the thing is my voice isnt very strong and i cant sing it very loud, and its a little shaky. what is the best way to make it stronger and more solid?
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
you need to sing from your diaphram, thats why its not loud
Quote by nexteyenate
+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

leftybassdude's opinion is superior to anyone else's

Member of The Weakerthans Fan Club
PM TechnicolorBoy or maybe_I_am to join
Sing from your diaphragm.
"If you're going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don't even start..."
Charles Bukowski
well I'm not sure if these apply but your not suppose to push your voice too hard(at least thats how it is with screaming) but I remember back in the day in choir we used to do a ton of scales and stuff, practice and you'll get it eventually
Just make your voice wierd sounding (IE. push it down low or scream) and no one can tell if you can sing or not. It worked with Bon Scott and Axl Rose.
-VOTE HERE-
[x ] ROOSEVELT

[x ] WILSON
Quote by BreakingBnj
Sing from your diaphragm.

what do you mean by that.

before today i used to kind of like whisper/sing where it made it a lot easier to hit notes but it was quiet but today i made it a lot louder, but my voice is kinda shaky. thats what i need help with
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Quote by rnrsoldier1461
what do you mean by that

push your air out from your diaphragm rather your throat I think, It's hard to explain and is usually something you have to learn naturally
sing from your stomach instead of your chest, and i'd think it would get better with practice
Satan isn't inside a guitar pick. He's in here. In our hearts. He's what makes us not want to go to work, or excercise or tell the truth. He's that little voice in your mind that says "Fuck you" to the people you hate.
It's a muscle in your stomach, yeah... Like normal you breath from your chest, but when you sing, you should do it from the pit of your stomach...

Isn't there a vocal tips thread somewhere?
"If you're going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don't even start..."
Charles Bukowski
Quote by tymoo22
push your air out from your diaphragm rather your throat I think, It's hard to explain and is usually something you have to learn naturally
]

thats what i was saying. i learned that today and it got a lot louder, but my voice kinda shakes a little if i go higher than what im used to. like i have trouble holding a note, it starts to get shakey
Lunatics on pogo sticks
sing from down deep in your stomach so you're using your diaphragm. that's right, think stomach, not lungs, it'll give you a better idea of how it should feel. i made it a point to learn to sing this summer and i've done pretty well, just practice for an hour or so a day and try to play along on guitar because that's a tough skill to get too and you might as well start on it. in any case, just like with guitar, it's mostly practice. if a song has a note that's just a little out of your reach then just hit the closest pitch you can and you'll get up there eventually. same with holding out notes for a while with a nice strong voice, it's just a lot of practice until you get it.

oh yeah try to open up your throat a bit too.
do you guys think those 2 are good for me to start on? its nothing too complicated but still

edit: otherside and parallel universe, that is
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Record yourself singing a song you'd like to work on. then listen to it and decide what changes you'd like to make and then sing /record the song again. do it as many times as you need to. its a great technique i've been using for about 12 years. its an important one because you need to know what other people are hearing when you sing! you also learn how to control your voice because you canlisten to mistakes and strengths and work from there.
that sounds like a pretty good idea phuzehatz, thanks
Lunatics on pogo sticks