Yup,

I'm looking for suggestions of songs with great phrasing (guitar wise) in their licks or solos.

I'm mainly interested in blues, rock, jazz, etc.

Now go post!
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Rush has a lot of catchy riffs and licks. As for solos, I find David Gilmour's to be very melodic and fitting to the song. They aren't the hardest, but they are written so well.
My Gear:
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat
Vox AD30VT
Big Muff Pi.
Quote by guitar_infidel
Rush has a lot of catchy riffs and licks. As for solos, I find David Gilmour's to be very melodic and fitting to the song. They aren't the hardest, but they are written so well.

That's great! Any specific songs? I'm actually learning "Fly by Night" by rush right now.

Fun song.

Keep em' coming!

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
definitely, david gilmour is a great guy to check out, his phrasing is just perfect. some of the leads that the rolling stones have are great too, nothing you could change to make them better.
I'm a big fan of an Irish guitarist by the name of Rory Gallagher, his album "Calling Card" has some great riffs. I also really dig the bluesy riffs off of the early Zeppelin, anything off of Zeppelin I or Zeppelin II will have good rocky-bluesy riffs. You might also want to check out the "Disraeli Gears" album by Cream. Wolfmother also does an awesome job. Jet would be worth looking at also.
Quote by Jinskee
That's great! Any specific songs? I'm actually learning "Fly by Night" by rush right now.

Fun song.

Keep em' coming!

fly by night, freewill, working man. i am also learning fly by night, i've got everything down cept the solo. you're right it is quite fun.

EDIT: the first solo during the song "Time" and both comfortably numb solos.
My Gear:
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat
Vox AD30VT
Big Muff Pi.
Quote by guitar_infidel
fly by night, freewill, working man. i am also learning fly by night, i've got everything down cept the solo. you're right it is quite fun.

EDIT: the first solo during the song "Time" and both comfortably numb solos.

Gotcha!

Yeah man! I got most of the solo down, but I just need to get that outro part down. Great song! And I'm loving Geddy's voice, heh.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
pretty much anything by shawn lane

i like andy timmons' playing a lot so check out "cry for you"
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special