Could someone point me to a guide that shows the different pitches of instruments? Like... how high or low one instrument sounds in relation to another?
Ibanez S620EX Limited Edition
Ibanez GAX70
Peavey Classic 50
Crate GX-15
I think most are tuned to A=440hz.

Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
i mean for example, a flute is higher in pitch than a trombone. is there a website that would have a big list of instruments in order like that?
Ibanez GAX70
Peavey Classic 50
Crate GX-15
sometimes in australia, 438Hz. sometimes in asia, 442Hz. it all depends.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
hmm idk but that would be useful now wouldnt it lol
Satan isn't inside a guitar pick. He's in here. In our hearts. He's what makes us not want to go to work, or excercise or tell the truth. He's that little voice in your mind that says "Fuck you" to the people you hate.
How many octaves lower is a bass than a guitar? I've always wondered that.
**RIP In the Van on the Comeback Road**

Quote by confusius
You're going to have to go to the doctor. He is going to ram his finger up your ass and the rest you can imagine. It will be severly painful you are most likely to die in the process. Enjoy.
2, i think?
Satan isn't inside a guitar pick. He's in here. In our hearts. He's what makes us not want to go to work, or excercise or tell the truth. He's that little voice in your mind that says "Fuck you" to the people you hate.
one, just one
Quote by dunkelblau

Dear Stoner Stone,
I have found in reading this post that you are lacking the intelligence of a normal person.
you need serious help, possibly involving a screwdriver, and a large piece of wood.
please, be deceased now.
thank you

its different harmonic contents every instrument has. there's no instrument that doesn't get the 2nd harmonic of the pitch.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by gregevans209
i mean for example, a flute is higher in pitch than a trombone. is there a website that would have a big list of instruments in order like that?

Oh... Well I dunno if theres a site with that information, but if you research the individual instruments you can find their range. Wikipedia tells you that I think.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
my life is complete now.
**RIP In the Van on the Comeback Road**

Quote by confusius
You're going to have to go to the doctor. He is going to ram his finger up your ass and the rest you can imagine. It will be severly painful you are most likely to die in the process. Enjoy.
I think what this guy wants is something like what was in my fundamentals of music textbook once. In the back, it had a picture of a piano keyboard and brackets that showed the maximum and minimum pitches that several instruments were able to achieve in their most common tunings. It didn't have every instrument on it, but it showed the most-played ones: guitar, bass guitar, violin, viola, flute, trumpet, trombone, etc. It even had the range people in various vocal sections got to. It was pretty cool.
^^ the would be perfect powerhalf, if you still have that book is there any way you could scan that?
Ibanez GAX70
Peavey Classic 50
Crate GX-15