I've made a thread like this a while ago and I found I didn't get much of a response.

I'm still trying to work on the vibrato, but it just sounds like I'm shaking the strings and the neck rather than getting that smooth vibrato you hear all of those great guitarists have!

Is there any type of video, lesson, work out I can check up on? Suggestions please.

Thanks.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
i have the same problem, while bending at least, i can vibrato smooth normally
my gear:
gibson les paul classic
epiphoen les paul standard
fender standard fat strat
peavey valveking 112
boss me-50
crybaby original wah
youtube?
Quote by dunkelblau

Dear Stoner Stone,
I have found in reading this post that you are lacking the intelligence of a normal person.
you need serious help, possibly involving a screwdriver, and a large piece of wood.
please, be deceased now.
thank you

This is one of the most important parts of lead guitar playing i think.
I learnt it a while back and am still using it.

My only advice, would be to practice your ass off! Its very hard to master, but so worth it in the end.
oh i guess u mean while bending. well what i do and have heard (i'm no master at this only giving suggestions) is bend the note just below the pitch u want then vibrato it up to the bended pitch then back down the same amount beelow where u first bended it to then back up if that makes any seense.
well i know you dont like me, but i found a video on youtube that should help with that. Also when doing that try to get your finger to shake. Hard to say but when doing a vibrato which ever finger u are using i press down hard and the try to pull it off. So i kind of get the hand motion in memory so later i dont do it as hard but smoothly
http://youtube.com/watch?v=G6BY7X0isCg
LOL
^I don't hate you.

I agree that vibrato-ing while bending is a key aspect while being a lead player...

To that video, it looks like he has bad technique...

But I don't really know what good technique IS while vibrating while bending. Shaking doesn't sound like a good solution, imo, but if it works, I guess I'll try it.

Please, more suggestions! Thanks.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by YourMessiah666
This is one of the most important parts of lead guitar playing i think.
I learnt it a while back and am still using it.

My only advice, would be to practice your ass off! Its very hard to master, but so worth it in the end.

Any tips on the proccess?

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
you try bending up and then doing a vibrato. pull the string up and down fast..
LOL
Curl your thumb around the neck, you'll get more control over the strings that way
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic