Page 1 of 8
A Sphere
Banned
10 IQ
YES. The one true stoner band. Kyuss aren't pre-QOTSA. QOTSA are post-Kyuss.

What's your favourite album? Mine has to be Welcome To Sky Valley. Gardenia blew me away the first time I put on that album, it literally blew me away...
Valekt
10 IQ
Welcome To Sky Valley is an amazing album. Their stuff is reasonably hard to find in most shops. Admittedly I don't go searching them out very often, but all I've got is Sky Valley and ...And The Circus Leaves Town. I've found their Best Of, but not much a fan of Best Ofs.

To me, their music will always supercede Queens Of The Stone Age. I respect Josh Homme for carrying on the sound, but it's just not as effortless, I find.
Love_Buzz
An Elusive Joi
40 IQ
I went to a HMV close to where I live and found every studio album except Sons of Kyuss and Wretch although I did find Wretch in another Store. That being said I bought Welcome to Sky Valley cause I prefer Scott Reeder to Nick, and I agree with redh0chilip3pp that Space Cadet is genius..
European Son
10 IQ
Wow, I definitely thought this band was gonna be more talked about here. Admitedly, I haven't heard a lot, but I definitely like what I've heard. I've been meaning to get an album of theirs for quite some time time, but it's just never happened.
jagstang270
's mom!
418 IQ
actually my favourite gotta be ...And The Circus Leaves Town, just because of Catamaran, that song is pure genious, but it's so short! 3:00!!
...And The Nominees Are
perry589
Used to be evil
10 IQ
Blues for the Red Sun is my favourite. Thumb, Green Machine, Thong Song, Capsized, and Writhe are great songs. The rest of the albums not bad either. Welcome to Sky Valley is great too with Demon Cleaner being my favourite Kyuss song. Great drums and opening guitar riff and, of course, vocals.
blezblez
Loomer
10 IQ
Welcome to Sky Valley is my fav followed by Blues. I love the pure sludgey production and that low end is just
screamsoftly
Waste of Paint
71 IQ
I love Kyuss man. Working on tabbing out Phototropic at the moment, I love that song.

My Guitars:
Fender Mustang.
Yamaha FG-413SL.
igor1901
10 IQ
I am a big fan of QOTSA. and though I am trying to understand all the hype about Kyuss, I still do not find them as good as Josh's new band. Sorry guys
the proud owner of:
Martin OMC-1E acoustic
ESP Ltd Viper 301 vintage sunburst
PEAVEY classic 50 212 combo amp
sweet_leaf
52 IQ
Quote by igor1901
I am a big fan of QOTSA. and though I am trying to understand all the hype about Kyuss, I still do not find them as good as Josh's new band. Sorry guys

Took me a little while to get into them too, but now I find myself listening to them more than QOTSA. My favourite album of theirs use to be Welcome To Sky Valley, but now I've taken more of a liking to Blues For The Red Sun.
IntiPaganSkins
10 IQ
There's a video of Gardenia [live] on YouTube (one of many) that's 13 minutes long. It's amazing and Josh has hysterical hair. Check it out.
WastedFire
UG Member
147 IQ
the only song ive ever heard by them was space cadet, but it blew me away the first time i heard it
You are not your job.
You're not how much money you have in the bank.
You're not the car you drive.
You're not the contents of your wallet.
You're not your fucking khakis.
You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.
redh0tchilip3pp
GEORGE
130 IQ
Quote by WastedFire
the only song ive ever heard by them was space cadet, but it blew me away the first time i heard it
Cool, my thread keeps coming back. And Space Cadet is my favorite Kyuss song.
urdad
Banned
30 IQ
writhe sounds like an alice in chains song cus his voice is mellowed out shine and mudfly xD and flip the phase xD are my favorites
Food_for_funk
10 IQ
Kyuss. One of my favorite bands of course (just look at my avatar.) Anyways, I've got Blues, Sky Vallen and ...And the Circus Leaves Town, and am in pursuit of the rest of the discography.

Oh, and I think Odyssey is my favorite song of theirs.
Flann
Midnight Creeper
20 IQ
Love Kyuss, but whenever I try to get my friends into it, they can't appreciate it like we do.

My favorite album has to be And the Circus Leaves Town. Phototropic, Catamaran, Hurricane what else can you ask for?
the goblin
10 IQ
I'm glad that people on this forum like Kyuss. I was starting to wonder if I would find a thread about them. My favorite song right know would have to be 100 degrees. When those drums kick in I start dancing wherever I'm at.
maninthebox24
Switch-Hitting Jesus
20 IQ
I love Demon Cleaner. F**king awesome song.
Josh Homme writes the greatest lyrics EVAR:
"I wish we could get away
Drink wine and screw"

"Nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy, and alcohol
C-C-C-C-Cocaine!"

"I wanna lick you too much"

Own this Black Sabbath shirt?
soundgarden19
50 IQ
I love these guys so much but I can never find a Fucking album anywhere.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
lolcats
Banned
20 IQ
Day One is a cool song. Even if it is only E and C.

But still.

One Inch Man is good too.
Strat_Monkey
UG's Moody Bastard
172 IQ
Quote by urdad
writhe sounds like an alice in chains song cus his voice is mellowed out

I always thought that!

I bought Blues for the Red Sun a looooooooooong time ago, but never got round to their others... I think I'll get Welcome to Sky Valley next... Anyway, just wanted to say I was glad someone else picked up on the AIC resemblance on 'Writhe'!
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Ian hawkins
60 IQ
A couple of months ago I was in the car with my dad (and he always picks a CD to listen to in the car) and he had noticed i had been listening to alot of sabbath and he put on 'and the circus leaves town' track 1.Hurricane.It absoulutely blew me away.When I got home I immedeatly put the CD on and was amazed again (this time I had a much better cd player).Before hurricane even finished I was looking up the tab for it.
My favourite Kyuss song at the moment would have to be supa scoopa and the mighty scoop.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
kenan6346
100 IQ
Great band, when I put Sky Valley on for the first time, I thought it was the greatest thing ever.

Anyone know the 4th track on Welcome to Sky Valley, 100 degrees? The volume swell right before the song ends scared the living hell out of me the first time I listened to it :P
perry589
Used to be evil
10 IQ
^ Yeah, same here and i was wondering where the rest of the song was too, but that was the end.
It's gonna be a blue day
smb
300 IQ
Haven't really listened to them in a couple of years, but Kyuss were my favourite band for a long time.
maninthebox24
Switch-Hitting Jesus
20 IQ
Quote by Ian hawkins
A couple of months ago I was in the car with my dad (and he always picks a CD to listen to in the car) and he had noticed i had been listening to alot of sabbath and he put on 'and the circus leaves town' track 1.Hurricane.It absoulutely blew me away.When I got home I immedeatly put the CD on and was amazed again (this time I had a much better cd player).Before hurricane even finished I was looking up the tab for it.
My favourite Kyuss song at the moment would have to be supa scoopa and the mighty scoop.

Your dad is awesome. And my favorite song is Demon Cleaner. The intro is f**king awesome, as is the rest of the song.
Drink wine and screw"

C-C-C-C-Cocaine!"

Shayne777
Spare Change?
50 IQ
Kyuss rules there a huge influence on me

Blues for the red sun has got to be one of my my played albums
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
we_built_a_tree
Dead as a doornail
50 IQ
There's a serious lack of Kyuss love here. My favorite album is Welcome to Sky Valley, closely followed by Blues for the Red Sun (unexpected, isn't it ). I haven't listened to Wretch too much, and The Circus Leaves Town is underdeveloped.

Favorite song is a hard one, probably Demon Cleaner (that riff!), but I could pick almost every song on Sky Valley and some from Blues for the Red Sun, plus Fatso Forgotso.

What's everyone's favorite line-up? Mine is the one from Sky Valley. Scott's tone and playing were much better than Nick's, and Brant wrote cooler songs than Hernandez, who imitated him anyway. Though his playing improved somewhat on the QotSA EP.
If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?
dead-fish
Professor Miseria Supremu
200 IQ
Amazing band, each of the members a very talent individual on their own. One of the first stoner bands I ever heard, and it was love at first hearing. Favorite song is currently Thumb, but my ultimate favorite has gotta be Odyssey.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
maninthebox24
Switch-Hitting Jesus
20 IQ
Why aren't they more popular here? They're not as underground as they once were and they're really f**king talented.

Does anyone else not like seeing Demon Cleaner in Guitar Hero? Or is it just me?
Drink wine and screw"

C-C-C-C-Cocaine!"

we_built_a_tree
Dead as a doornail
50 IQ
I don't like seeing anything in Guitar Hero, to be honest. I don't like the idea of having some dude play such great songs in a video game, that puts me off. But maybe it gets them a broader audience. They deserve it.
If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?
freshtunes
50 IQ
kyusssss blues for red sun.
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
ZombieCat
30 IQ
I just started listening to Kyuss recently so have only heard Sky Valley and Blues for the Red Sun. Both are great but I like Blues a lot better. I live real close to Palm Desert and I wish the area was putting out bands like Kyuss now.
Agile AL-3100 CSB, Schecter C1-Plus with SD 59s, Crate V33 Head (modded), Crate 2x12 Cabinet w/ Green Berets, EQD Hoof

Good Traders: jdr94 7PlaGues xXMetal-HeadXx applecakes1207