my friend called me today and said he was on his way to pick up his new gibson lp studio with emg pickups. this kid also has a line6 spider and thinks its awesome. i keep telling him to get a cube, but he just wont listen.
anyways,heres the link:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Les-Paul-Studio-Electric-Guitar-with-EMGs?sku=514159

he plays a lot of metal, like avenged sevenfold and pantera. personally, the impression im getting just from researching online is that it sucks balls. (i havent gotten to play it yet). But of course, i thought to ask the all-reliable UG before making assumptions.

what do you know about it?
Quote by nt1440
thats true, i hate kids who go "oh noess limewire is soo bad, viruses everywhere crashed my computer, had to buy a new one" well mayb thatll teach u that the a song isnt 112 kb and named cute_teen_has_orgasm_on_webcam_xxx
A lot of people buy gibson LP studios instead of the Standard, mainly because of price.
Some were great some werent. Its a hit or miss, but mainly a hit. But of course, the more of something there is, the more you will hear about problems with it.
And I don't think EMGs plus that amp will work to well but if he takes his time, as with anybody, he will find a good tone.
For $1500 could he not buy a kick arse amp like a Marshall DSL or used Mesa or something?

Slap him in the head. And take him to a music shop and plug a Gibson into a Spider, then plug a Squier into the best amp you can find and show him the difference.
I was thinking of getting a Les Paul so could I ask if its a good idea to buy the Studio instead of Standard? The main reason for choosing the Studio would be the fact that I can get it for £350 less than the standard.
Quote by atomkat
I can't fxcking descripe in words how much I love you!!!!!!!
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
please dont let him do it,
for that much money you can get an LTD EC 1000,better guitar and have money left over..
Quote by TheDev01dOne
For $1500 could he not buy a kick arse amp like a Marshall DSL or used Mesa or something?

Slap him in the head. And take him to a music shop and plug a Gibson into a Spider, then plug a Squier into the best amp you can find and show him the difference.

+Every point that will ever be given from now on.
Quote by TheDev01dOne

i swear, this kid's tone deaf.
he just called me and he was playing it through his spider and he thinks its awesome.

ironic that you said that though. my epi is in the shop, and i had my vox ad30vt on layaway. so when i picked up my vox, i didnt have my epi and had to play with a squier and i love my amp more than anything. i still havent even got to play on this amp with my epi yet.

still love it though. its kind of like someone just kicked me in the balls a million times to make me realize that the amp IS more of your tone. ive tried to tell him that tons of times, but he just wont listen.
Quote by nt1440
thats true, i hate kids who go "oh noess limewire is soo bad, viruses everywhere crashed my computer, had to buy a new one" well mayb thatll teach u that the a song isnt 112 kb and named cute_teen_has_orgasm_on_webcam_xxx
Quote by imnotastoner
my friend called me today and said he was on his way to pick up his new gibson lp studio with emg pickups. this kid also has a line6 spider and thinks its awesome. i keep telling him to get a cube, but he just wont listen.
anyways,heres the link:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Les-Paul-Studio-Electric-Guitar-with-EMGs?sku=514159

he plays a lot of metal, like avenged sevenfold and pantera. personally, the impression im getting just from researching online is that it sucks balls. (i havent gotten to play it yet). But of course, i thought to ask the all-reliable UG before making assumptions.

what do you know about it?

You should pretty propaganda filled, wanting to be the cool kid to get everyone to agree with him.

It's a good guitar, and if he would rather have a nice guitar and bad amp than buy a new amp, that's his choice.
In the end you have to let friends do what they want. You did your duty. Forget about it.
Quote by TheDev01dOne

Hell, you can find a used 5150 for about $500 USD.
Quote by crzywhiteboy
please dont let him do it,
for that much money you can get an LTD EC 1000,better guitar and have money left over..

+1
those guitars are incredible, i'm getting one in the winter.
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT