so im thinking of buying a 91 s10 for 600 bucks. it has bags, shaven handles, good body condition, primered ready for painting. the thing is that he says when he drives it, it sometimes stops on him, the whole thing will turn off. he said i would need to buy a new distributor, and rewire the back end lights because he thinks they are short circuted. so my questions are: what does the turning off situation sound like, how much money would i be paying to fix it, and is it even worth buying? thanks

j
think of it this way, sure 600 hundred bucks is a great deal.

but then you have paint, plus by the sounds of it a whole whack of stuff that your going to need to replace.

so in the end that measily 600 bucks ends up being upwards of 5000..

ultimately its up to you, if you have the money and time to fix it, do it up if you want.
otherwise dont do it. I had an 87 camaro pretty much exactly like your s10 sounds
it always stalled on me(it was an automatic) and was a bitch to start up...

From my experiences its just not worth the hassle man... itll be in the shop more than you will be driving it.
Quote by .willy.
think of it this way, sure 600 hundred bucks is a great deal.

but then you have paint, plus by the sounds of it a whole whack of stuff that your going to need to replace.

so in the end that measily 600 bucks ends up being upwards of 5000..

ultimately its up to you, if you have the money and time to fix it, do it up if you want.
otherwise dont do it. I had an 87 camaro pretty much exactly like your s10 sounds
it always stalled on me(it was an automatic) and was a bitch to start up...

From my experiences its just not worth the hassle man... itll be in the shop more than you will be driving it.

true
that and the fact that its an S10. it's a really, really small truck. i've seen one picked up and moved by only 4 guys, and a buddy of mine has one; he has to put sand bags in the back in winter so he can get traction.
i don't think it's worth it. save your hard earned $$ and get something better that doesn't need so many repairs, i'm glad i did
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
Quote by JBOX
so im thinking of buying a 91 s10 for 600 bucks. it has bags, shaven handles, good body condition, primered ready for painting. the thing is that he says when he drives it, it sometimes stops on him, the whole thing will turn off. he said i would need to buy a new distributor, and rewire the back end lights because he thinks they are short circuted. so my questions are: what does the turning off situation sound like, how much money would i be paying to fix it, and is it even worth buying? thanks

j

No. If you are a car geek, than of course buy it and fix it, because you could probably fix most of the problems your self for cheap if you knew what you are doing. If you have to pay someone to fix it for you, than get something else because its not worth the 600. You will end up spending much more in the end.

Get a cheap Jeep! They are kickass and rugged.