SO I just bought a MESA/BOOGIE DUal Rectifier and it sounds awesome. I play a lot of everything and this was just perfect for it all. I've heard that a lot of metal bands use this amp. I know that Kirk Hammett uses these and when i played it didn't seem quite as distorted as it does when I hear Metallica albums. What is Kirk doing/using to get a more metal sound out of this amp?
Kirk uses a tubescreamer for most solos.
Try the Ultimate Settings thread.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Kirk Hammet uses an Ibanez TS9 with his amp's disortion. Plus, he gets a little bit of gain from his EMG pickups as well.
how loud do you have it?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
He gets a lot of bite from the EMGs he uses...but I dont think he uses as much distortion as everyone thinks...
^ aye. i mean you should easily be able to get to metallica levels of gain with a recto.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?