Well my friend, Evan and I started a band several months ago, this was after we started jamming together, and we recently found a drummer. The drummer and I have played together lots of times but Evan can never make it to band practice. It's so consistently a problem that I am considering dropping him from the band. This sprouted some other ideas as to how this would improve the band, as Evan does not take criticisms well and sees my advice as inferior since he has been playing 6 years. I on the other hand have only been playing 2 years. Even though it would probably be hard to find another guitarist, it's like he's not even part of the band anymore, though he would be very valuable as he knows other local musicians personally and can get us gigs and other things.

Thanks for reading.

Thoughts?

2004 MIM Strat w/ Fender Hot Noiseless pickups
Sovtek MiG 60
Avatar 2x12 w/ Celestion Greenbacks
Snark Tuner
MXR Custom Comp
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
Dunlop JHM3 Univibe
TC electronic Nova Delay
TC electronic Arena Reverb
Get rid of him. If a band member can't get along with the rest of the band its only going to cause trobule, best now and get it over and done with.
El-Danny

Quote by americnidiot
You keep seeing songs like KoC, SMBH, and Hysteria showing up on games, but I want Micro Cuts on either Rock Band or Sing Star. I want to see numerous masses of kids staring at the tv wondering what the hell they're supposed to do.
better to get rid of him than later
Decaptivated

Ibanez S370 (all custom)
Mesa Boogie Studio Pre
Fender Champ 25se (used to power Mesa pre)
Custom 2x12 cab w/ Eminence Texas Heats
hmmm...I dunno, but talk to him first.

I don't personally think that your friend (who started the band with you) should be kicked out just yet, because the new guy isn't liked by him. But, I don't know either of you.
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
talk to him about missing practice all the time. tell him to try to make it more. if he doesnt, you can do one of two things

1: get rid of him
2: rip his balls out. say he can have them back once he makes it to practices.
Quote by Rockford_rocks
HENDRIX WAS NOT MEANT TO GO WOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLY!