I've had this head recommended to me by a few sources, but I wanna get the opinion of someone who has hands on experience with this amp.

http://www.musikmuehle-engen.de/images/peavey-6505-plus-top.jpg

I play Pantera, Lamb of God, Opeth, Etc.

Should I get it?
Charlie Don't Surf
Scanning the surface with rational eyes

Quote by JC13
I was at the zoo 2 years ago, and there was this monkey beating off while looking at my aunt.
Last edited by SamtheHero at Jul 27, 2007,
Sorry I just realized the other thread was there! haha
Charlie Don't Surf

Quote by JC13
I was at the zoo 2 years ago, and there was this monkey beating off while looking at my aunt.
Quote by atlmetal
its 6505!

My bad dude, typo
Charlie Don't Surf

Quote by JC13
it will suit you down to the ground- just, you know you need a cab too right?
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Yeah i have a marshall cab but no head yet, dont ask why
Charlie Don't Surf

Quote by JC13
The 6505 would be a great amp choice for you because you play a lot of metal (It's the same amp as the 5150, EVH's signature amp). The only way you'll really know if you like it is if you TRY IT OUT YOURSELF.
Quote by SamtheHero
Yeah i have a marshall cab but no head yet, dont ask why

Good good, what cab is it?
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
I've had the amp for a long time now and it is the most amazing piece of gear I own. I've played through Mesa heads before and Soldanos and Diezel but nothing has come close to this one for me. It's got the most distortion I've ever heard out of a tube amp. i was using a solid state crate head before this and using a Metal Zone distortion pedal with it to get more distortion and when I went to buy a tube amp, I could never find anything with enough distortion for me. 6505 did it though. Proud owner of 3 years. I'm running through a 1960 Marshall cab and Mesa Boogie 4x12.
Quote by SamtheHero
I've had this head recommended to me by a few sources, but I wanna get the opinion of someone who has hands on experience with this amp.

http://www.musikmuehle-engen.de/images/peavey-6505-plus-top.jpg

I play Pantera, Lamb of God, Opeth, Etc.

Should I get it?

I tried one out for about an hour several months ago, but I didn't get to really crank it. It had really nice response up to moderate volume, & sounded like it would only get better when cranked. Very dynamic, crisp metal sound. More edge than a dual recto, more toward a Soldano type sound. I was very impressed w/ how good it was for the money, because I'm not a huge Peavey fan (although I would buy a 6505!).
I'm actually thinking of selling my Soldano & buying a used 6505 & something else.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011