I've been playing for about 3 years, and have only used one guitar. I'm pretty intermediate and i'm looking to get a decent guitar. I really like the SG style at the moment, and it appears to me as though epiphone are the only ones who are doing it right (which is why i'm probably gonna buy from them)

So is this guitar right for my level, or is it too newbie? It's got humbuckers (which i'd prefer) and a mahogany body. So the only reason i doubt it, is it's low price.

Link: http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/epiphone-g-400-sg/891

Oh, and i would try it out, but i may have to order online unfortunately.
Looks like a nice enough guitar mate. The G400's are nice guitars:

1) Make sure you have a nice heavy leather strap, they are slightly neck heavy.

2) They are great to mod, once you wack some nice humbuckers in there at a future date you'll have an immense sounding guitar.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by Kurapica
Looks like a nice enough guitar mate. The G400's are nice guitars:

1) Make sure you have a nice heavy leather strap, they are slightly neck heavy.

2) They are great to mod, once you wack some nice humbuckers in there at a future date you'll have an immense sounding guitar.

Well i don't know how to mod but i'm sure in the future i'll learn. Thanks

It's just that i was reading the article you have here on buying new guitars, and it said not to buy cheap guitars. Should this guitar be considered cheap considering it's my second?
i dont think it should be considered cheap. Epiphone SGs rock the world get it. theysound mint and look mint and they are great to play!
Quote by Iced_Tea
Well i don't know how to mod but i'm sure in the future i'll learn. Thanks

It's just that i was reading the article you have here on buying new guitars, and it said not to buy cheap guitars. Should this guitar be considered cheap considering it's my second?

Ah, modding guitars is fun mate As long as you know how to solder, or are willing to learn, you can mess around with your guitars loads. There's no need to get a tech to install new pups and such, it's not that hard
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Ive got that guitar, its a very good buy. I got it after 1 year and 2 months of playing guitar and it suited me perfectly.

I got it from GAK as well, had no problems it wasent damaged at all. Also when i brough it it cost £259, its gone down .

It is neck heavy but you will get over that, very good guitar at a very good price and the flame top is different from most SG's, it looks great!!

I got it in feburary this year as well.
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<