*mindless groveling* Woah is me great and mighty UG Gods, the newb has a question.

Is there any way to play Can't You Hear Me Knocking by the Rolling Stones without buying a $700 telecaster custom?

I've looked everywhere for tabs, but alls I can find is the one that says it's played on a telecaster. I tuned my guitar to open G and tried it anyways. Can't even get past the intro. Soon as i change to the G string, it sounds horrible and nowhere near where it should be. Help?
You're gonna get ridiculed...

...Anyway, you don't have to have that specific guitar, you can even play it on an acoustic if you want to, but it just said that in the recording it was played on a custom telecaster.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Any 6-string guitar can play that song...
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Oh, the guitar you play on doesn't matter.
Your prolly tuning it wrong somewhere along the way.
Are you using a tuner to tune it?
Welcome to UG, stay out the pit cuz theres 15 yr old kids who will flame u:P, look in the other topics and try posting there.
The Pit is for off topic talking.
try posting in tabs talk or something

& no i dont know ur answer sry lol:/
Ibanez S470
Boss ME-50...
Some old amp...

Quote by prosperousbum
*mindless groveling* Woah is me great and mighty UG Gods, the newb has a question.

Is there any way to play Can't You Hear Me Knocking by the Rolling Stones without buying a $700 telecaster custom?

I've looked everywhere for tabs, but alls I can find is the one that says it's played on a telecaster. I tuned my guitar to open G and tried it anyways. Can't even get past the intro. Soon as i change to the G string, it sounds horrible and nowhere near where it should be. Help?

Yeah, like everyone said, you can play it on any guitar. Don't worry about it though. If anyone flames you or ****, just know they probably mad a stupid mistake when they were beginning too. Anyway, welcome to UG
Quote by ibanezn00b
Welcome to UG, stay out the pit cuz theres 15 yr old kids who will flame u:P, look in the other topics and try posting there.

Oh noes 15 year old kids...
Yes I have a tuner, and I think may be tuning it wrong. Oh, BTW, I only signed up to ask this question. I may stick around if you guys don't prove yourselves to be 12 year olds with flaming e-penis'. I haven't been playing very long and it's all new to me, though I'm learning fast (so my friends tell me anyways).

This could be uber guitar speak for "You suck, but keep on keepin on"
Quote by Jackolas
Oh noes 15 year old kids...

yes really lol
Ibanez S470
Boss ME-50...
Some old amp...

Wow. Any guitar short of a complete ****stick should be able to tune to open G. Make sure you use a tuner and that you are tuning the strings to the right note.
Co-Founder of the Puttsecks Group

Listen to my Lux Aeterna remix and other random songs! Comments?

Quote by ShelbyLynn
vicd08, your avatar is suckin up my life, and stealing my thoughts...

Quote by HanPlaysBass
I just want to say that your avatar is simply the best thing in creation.
Quote by prosperousbum
Yes I have a tuner, and I think may be tuning it wrong. Oh, BTW, I only signed up to ask this question. I may stick around if you guys don't prove yourselves to be 12 year olds with flaming e-penis'. I haven't been playing very long and it's all new to me, though I'm learning fast (so my friends tell me anyways).

Yes, there are some idiots on this site, but there are more experienced and friendly fellow guitar players here. Whenever the idiots post, people usually just ignore them and they slowly fade away
Quote by prosperousbum

Try going somewhere other than the pit, and the moron count drops a lot.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by ibanezn00b

stfu me 18 y kidz
Quote by RockFreak000
stfu me 18 y kidz

^^ this is an example of an idiot
Quote by Eminored
Hentai. It's a completely different world that will rip your eye-sockets and and skull-screw you with its tentacles.
I wanna learn So Much I on bass but all I have is a washboard and a twig. HELP!

When there's something strange in your neighbourhood...who ya gonna call?!

! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
Quote by prosperousbum
Woah is me

Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK