I have finally sold the dreaded beast (also known as my 100w SS halfstack).
This, plus having a job over summer has increased my amp budget.
I've laid my eyes on these two amps:
Engl Screamer 50
and
Engl Thunder 50
From what I've heard these amps are fairly versatile, that would suit me well because one day I play death metal, the next I play blues.
Could they provide me with a good blues sound, and are they capable of playing metal?
The heaviest I would go is Carcass (think Corporal Jigsore Quandary).

Cheers in advance

PS. I already own a OD if they can't handle high gain on their own.
Also, is it safe buying of Thomann? Because that's a lot of money for me.
Quote by atlmetal
on thomann's, what is the gbp ?

Probably great britain pounds, not completly sure though.
Screamer.

I was in the exact same situation, tried both, preferred and bought the Screamer. Good amp. Hope that helps.
Quote by el_jimbo
Screamer.

I was in the exact same situation, tried both, preferred and bought the Screamer. Good amp. Hope that helps.

I wish I could try them, but no store within 200 miles carries them.
And since you tried them both, which has more gain?
IMO Screamer has more gain and is more versatile and is just generally a better amp. I've played both but spent most of the time on the Screamer since it was noticeably better to me. Great amp it's in my list of amps to re-check out in England.

I think it will handle most metal, especially if you already have an OD it should be fine. The cleans are super warm and the crunch is pretty good for a modern voiced amp.
i haven't tried the thunder... but from what almost everyone says, the screamer has more gain. (i've tried the screamer)

screamer should do metal fine- just i wouldn't pick it maybe if you only want to play metal. You don't though, so it should be grand. it's pretty versatile.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
bear in mind i'm not too familiar with carcass, lol. And by "not too", i mean "not at all". but it should get into general metal territory ok.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
bear in mind i'm not too familiar with carcass, lol. And by "not too", i mean "not at all". but it should get into general metal territory ok.

They used JCM 900s by that period.
great, i haven't tried a jcm900 either.

is it on youtube?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
should do that, you might need hottish pickups, and have the master reasonably high to make sure of it, though. or use your booster.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
should do that, you might need hottish pickups, and have the master reasonably high to make sure of it, though. or use your booster.

Well, in that case it seems like I'm gonna order me a screamer
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?