Getting a second guitar and have picked up standard stratocaster to get some nice bluesy cleans. I have zero experience in single coil pickups. I did a search for other posts because strats are so popular, but only really found bareknuckles advertised.

I'm looking for some reasonably priced single coils to give the guitar that full sound. I hear the MIM strat's pickups are junk. So, calling all strat owners. What are some good choices for a nice tone out of single coils.

Im going to be playing through an epiphone valve jr.

Thanks ahead of time.
Peavey VK112
Fish&Chips EQ
Ibanez TS9DX
Jackson Warrior JS30 upgraded EMG 81/85
Epiphone Silverburst 1966 Reissue G-400
Washburn D12N

Playing since 03-11-07
........Uber Noob Skillz
it depends on what year you bought the MIM strat. if its later than '06, they have better pickups than pre '05 models. it also depends on what kind of blues u play. there are a lot. Delta Blues (Robert Johnson-ish), High Gain blues (Gary Moore), Psychedelic Blues (Cream), Texas Blues (SRV), and such. tell us what kinda sound ur looking for. but VJ would probably nail most of the sounds.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
I can't really nail the exact style cause i'm still a beginner. Just a nicer tone than EMG's through a cube amp you know?

I wish i could nail a clapton/hyndrix/page tone, but i dont have thousands to spend on real equipment. I would love just a nice thick tone, i don't really need gain cause my jackson has all i need in that department.

I would say a nice bright, thick tone.

Make sense?
Peavey VK112
Fish&Chips EQ
Ibanez TS9DX
Washburn D12N

Playing since 03-11-07
........Uber Noob Skillz
First off i would never buy a guitar if you are planning to change the stock pickups straight out, whats the point?? Secondly, you have only HEARD that MIM strat pickups were junk, i wouldnt throw your money away before you AT LEAST try them, personally i got my strat in '06 and the pickups are fine, through my (albeit modded to hell and back) VJ they are awesome
Diezel, Motherfucker
Clapton + Hendrix + Page = no.

they have way different sounds. just no. for Hendrix, Fender Fat 50's. Clapton, Fender Noiseless, some say Lace Sensor, but im not a huge fan. Page, Telecaster with some overwound pickups.

good luck.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Thanks EC, I've heard a ton about the noiceless pups. I'll look into some pricings on the ones you have suggested. I listed them all because they have great tones, not similar ones.

@mh400nt - I'm getting the strat for $200, and i've noticed most low end guitars cost so much because they have cheap pups in them, but I am definatly goign to hear one through a Valve Jr. before i buy it. don't worry bout that. Just wanted to know my options.
Peavey VK112
Fish&Chips EQ
Ibanez TS9DX
Washburn D12N

Playing since 03-11-07
........Uber Noob Skillz