i didn't know where to post this but.... Im looking into buying a serious keyboard and i kno jack about them. If anyone has some advice or suggestions for something along the lines of that can play music along the lines of children of bodom style, and not to expensive. again sorry for probably posting in the wrong area.
I know that Janne from COB uses a synthesizer with his keyboard to get the sounds he gets, so that'd cost more money than you're probably willing to spend.
Don't You Talk to Billy Idol That Way.

Gear:
Epiphone Limited Ed. G-400 W/ Maestro Trem
Washburn WI14 Idol Series
Jasmine ES-31 Acoustic-Electric
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112
yamahas are nice, i have one, i use it a bit, VERY versatile, im still discovering things, you can record with it, hook it up to the computer and itll write out the notation as you play, lay beats underneath, loop things, etc
Quote by beadhangingOne
There is no music but metal and muhammad is its prophet.
Quote by The_Crowing_IV
I know that Janne from COB uses a synthesizer with his keyboard to get the sounds he gets, so that'd cost more money than you're probably willing to spend.

Well yeah, every synthetic sound has to come form a synthesizer...

You could go the versatile way and get an 88-key midi controller plus a laptop with a bunch of cool soft synths on it. Or you could just get an electric piano with a tone-generator built in. Yamahas are indeed pretty cool. But if you just plan on playing back-seat to guitars then don't go overboard.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
its all about analog keyboards

tehy are the best

my dad invents his own
he has in own company

he is a "synth ledgend"

he is actually one of the founding fathers of MIDI

yeahh

go check these keyboards out

they pwn like no other

www.davesmithinstruments.com

Dave Smith is your father?

Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
im just looking for something that has that non-piano electric sound and is 88 keys really needed or is 64 ( or what ever number it is) just as good for metal style