Hey... You know that I'm looking for a nice cheap tube amp. Today I thought that I'll visit a guitar shop in my city. I did it and when I came in there was a new Ashdown Fallen Angel 60H DSP (****ty name ) with Ashdown cab but I don't know what model of this cab it was so I can't tell you... so in one word..
what do you think about this amp? It's tube so it should be a pretty decent amp (in case I can tell you that I play on MG so everything for me is a decent amp ) I play the Chili Peppers and I'd like to get these nice cleans which Frooshy has
so I'm asking if with this amp I can get it... thanks for your help
Epiphone Les Paul Studio 2005
Marshall JTM-60
MXR Phase 90
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion
EHX Q-Tron +
Line 6 FM-4 Filter Modeler
Fender CD60 Acoustic
John Frusciante and RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS UG fanclub.
To be honest the fallen angel is more of a hard rock/lighter metal amp. I'm not sure how well it does chilis type stuff.

Try looking at Laney LC/VC15, Peavey Valveking etc.

A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by timi_hendrix
To be honest the fallen angel is more of a hard rock/lighter metal amp. I'm not sure how well it does chilis type stuff.

Try looking at Laney LC/VC15, Peavey Valveking etc.

well I thought that Peavey Valveking is also for Metal/hard rock things...

And I saw LC15 Laney and it is said that it's tube amp but where is a standby mode? I've seen few pictures of it and there's no standby so is it a full tube or a hybrid?
Marshall JTM-60
MXR Phase 90
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
EHX Big Muff USA
EHX Q-Tron +
Fender CD60 Acoustic
Last edited by Karol1701 at Jul 27, 2007,
I just got the 40w DSP combo, bloody awesome amp already, my first tube, its great with my EQ and distortion pedal, awaiting my tube screamer
My gear
ESP Horizon II FR (Seymour's with coil tap)
ESP LTD Ex400
Wesley Explorer/Dominator

Ashdown Fallen Angel 40w DSP

BOSS DS-2 Turbo distortion
BOSS AC-3 Acoustic Simulator
BOSS GE-7 Equalizer
Ibanez Tube Screamer TS9
Quote by Karol1701
well I thought that Peavey Valveking is also for Metal/hard rock things...

And I saw LC15 Laney and it is said that it's tube amp but where is a standby mode? I've seen few pictures of it and there's no standby so is it a full tube or a hybrid?

I dunno, it seems to be less high-gain than the FA, although it's a worse amp in general admittedly.

Not all valve amps have standby. If an amp doesn't have a standby function you just turn it on and leave the volume at 0 for 2 or 3 minutes before turning it up.

A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by timi_hendrix
I dunno, it seems to be less high-gain than the FA, although it's a worse amp in general admittedly.

Not all valve amps have standby. If an amp doesn't have a standby function you just turn it on and leave the volume at 0 for 2 or 3 minutes before turning it up.

ach... now I understand.. thanks
but now I saw an Epiphone Valve Standard. 15W and all tube... I think it's quite good but I should play on it at first
Marshall JTM-60
MXR Phase 90
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
EHX Big Muff USA
EHX Q-Tron +
Fender CD60 Acoustic
Clips of the combo version for you.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=7157498&postcount=201

A word about the cleans, my clip is recorded with Dimarzio Breeds, which are pretty much the fattest, warmest pickups Dimarzio make. You'll obviously get much better "sparkle" with single coils or parallel-wired humbuckers.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Thanks steven seagull... it was very helpfull.. thank you very very much
it's a pretty good clean channel... but I have to check Epiphone... then I will choose what to buy..
Marshall JTM-60
MXR Phase 90
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
EHX Big Muff USA
EHX Q-Tron +
Fender CD60 Acoustic
No, the Fallen Angels are all valve powered. They've just got some DSp reverb and stuff.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Yeah in response to the point about valvekings, they will not reach metal territory with some extreme OD....plus the cleans are a bit bland anyway. The Epi valve standard may be a good choice for you, depending on what situation you're playing in, in a band you may loose the headroom for your cleans but then that can be tidied up with your volume pot.

The fender champion may be a good solution for you, assuming you're not gigging or anything.