Very versatile- can do most genres, just not really high gain stuff
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
if you think this is gonna sound like a tube amp youre wrong. it just has one tube but the preamp is purely solid state. either go for a tube combo or a tube head and cab. that is if u want tube sound. if youre looking a bit of tube and more of a solid state sound then go for it
Quote by Invader Jim

I am so glad this is a multiple choice poll because I want to personally kill all of them. You get a GOLD STAR!

^ i have a gold star from a homicidal maniac!
Most amps can't do really high-gain stuff unless you overdrive them with a petal anyway.

Well... Crate RFX series and Roland Cubes can without sounding like ass + being reasonably priced. The Vox AD-series has more tone-sculpting options though...

Basically that's arguably the best modeling amp (line, the bigger ones are better) on the market today.
Actually no. I think Jonakin or someone was going to go try it soon. Well, maybe not Jonakin, I can't remember. We were discussing it in THE Valvetronix vs. Cube.

MuffinEdit:
Quote by RadioMuse
Most amps can't do really high-gain stuff unless you overdrive them with a petal anyway.

Can you explain this statement to me?
Ben
Last edited by muffinman123192 at Jul 27, 2007,
Quote by RadioMuse

WHAT?
Please shut up if you don't have a clue (which I can tell you don't)
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
so should i get it ???????
Gear:
Epiphone Les paul
silvertone smartt III

gear after:
Dean ML79 w/Floyd Electric Guitar
Transparent Braziliaburst

Member #21 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join
Yah, go for it. My friend just bought one and he loves it. He plays punkish type stuff.
I like my guitars like I like my women, with fat bottoms.
k thx i still thinking wiether i should buy this amp or a new guitar......but i dont know which guitar i would buy so if you have any sugg. then plz give me some.....oh and i want the guitar to be under 500 and ill maybe push 600
Gear:
Epiphone Les paul
silvertone smartt III

gear after:

What style music do you play?
I like my guitars like I like my women, with fat bottoms.
i play all kinds music from.....jessica by the allman brothers from master of puppets
Gear:
Epiphone Les paul
silvertone smartt III

gear after:

Gear:
Epiphone Les paul
silvertone smartt III

gear after:

If you have $239 for an amp and $600 for a guitar you have $839 (sorry for stating the obvious. Instead of that amp you can get a tube combo for $500 and a decent guitar for $339. $500 will get you a killer used tube combo, a decent new tube combo. There are some really decent guitars in the $300 price range new, of course used you can do better on the guitar also.
i dont want a tube amp im just looking for a practice amp......and the guitar is only my secound guitar
Gear:
Epiphone Les paul
silvertone smartt III

gear after:

If you don't want tubes the next best thing in my opinion is the Peavey Transtube series. Really good sounding solid state amps for lower volume playing. The Roland Cubes aren't bad. I think they are the best sounding modeling amps. Don't know if the Cube would do Allman Bros. though.
yeah but thats just one song i mean i play alot of other songs too
Gear:
Epiphone Les paul
silvertone smartt III

gear after:

why wouldnt you want a tube combo if you can afford it? you can use a 15-30 watt tube combo for practice and potentially for gigging later on. plus, some lower wattage tube combos like the crate palomino series can cost you the same as the roland cube or some other comparable solid state/hybrid. having an okay/decent guitar through a great amp is way better than having an excellent guitar through an average solid state practice amp
can you give me a link of a good tube amp then

thx
Gear:
Epiphone Les paul
silvertone smartt III

gear after:

if you find you don't have enough gain you can find a good OD pedal which you will still have spare money for... it'll sound sick!
k well would i plug in a distortion pedal in the back on this amp or where would i ?
Gear:
Epiphone Les paul
silvertone smartt III

gear after:

actually not too familiar with that since i don't own one myself, but i've played one through my friends ibanez tubescreamer it sounds orgasmic
k well thx for all your help
Gear:
Epiphone Les paul
silvertone smartt III

gear after:

yea i was pretty set on getting it too.. till i heard what real tube amp can do. trust me i watched that video about 20 times and it just about sold me