my band mate and i are planning to go and play on the street for fun. we will take money but thats not why we are doing it. and i was wondering if ug has any tips to pass along or ideas that sound good in theory or good songs that i can learn quickly and will be able to play on the street.
Raise Your Hand If you Like:

3 inches of blood
Amon Amarth
Coheed and Cambria
Death Cab For Cutie
Every Time I Die
I Killed the Prom Queen
In Flames
Pride Tiger

My cousins band from Vancouver-NWOBCHM- myspace.com/scarstruckmetalband
Either improvise Blues\Jazz, or just do popular covers.

Most people wouldnt be satisfied with some heavy metal **** blasting their ears while they walk down the street.
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Quote by BassistGal

Most people wouldnt be satisfied with some heavy metal **** blasting their ears while they walk down the street.

That pretty much sums it up.
not rele street performing but yesterday i rode down the prairie path(a huge bike trail in the midwest US) and played my mandolin while i rode because im good at riding no handed. It was sweet got alot of weird looks and people singing along, of course i was playing bluegrass.
read job
ive always wanted to do that to make a few bucks. i would do some clapton srv and the eagles stuff. just to make a few bucks and a day of fun.
Yuh, popular covers. Charisma always helps. Let your presence be known, but don't be obnoxious. Songs from the sixties make old people give you money. The Mamas and the Papas ftw!
u only need a lisence in certain areas, like big cities
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
^^ California Dreamin'
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave.

Ben Hamelech
Quote by BassistGal

Well agreed. +1
Quote by BassistGal
^^ California Dreamin'

My mom and I were walking around the streets once and ran across two boys singing California Dreaming and singing rather badly, but it was one of her favourite songs in college so she felt obligated to give them some money. I was like, "Did you see the sticker on his guitar?" "What sticker?" "It said 'WATCH ME WHILE I MASTURBATE'." she almost ran back and retrieved her money
well its all acoustic and we know some instamentals from bands like in flames
Raise Your Hand If you Like:

3 inches of blood
Amon Amarth
Coheed and Cambria
Death Cab For Cutie
Every Time I Die
I Killed the Prom Queen
In Flames
Pride Tiger

My cousins band from Vancouver-NWOBCHM- myspace.com/scarstruckmetalband