Page 1 of 2
There is probably a lot of threads getting started on this, so I decided I would make an official 'Cloverfield' Experiment thread.

For those of you that do not know what The 'Cloverfield' Experiment is (Codename: Slusho). During the previews before Transformers, a trailer for a movie produced by J.J. Abrams was played.
http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/cloverfield/video/x2inu3_cloverfield-trailer_shortfilms
There is not much information released about this project, not even the name. So for anyone who knows anything about the movie, feel free to post here, as I will be doing the same.
The plot outline revolves around a monster attack in New York as told from the point of view of a small group of people.

There are names floating around, like Colossus. But before you jump to conclusion, I'm in high doubts that it will be about the comic-book character Colossus, as cool as it would be.
There was Monstrous, but the pictures posted below will clear that up.

The release date for the movie is 1-18-08.

HUGE PICTURE!!

Picture from www.1-18-08.com
Quote by ledhendrix711
do u guys know where i can get guitar tabs ive bin lookin every where on the internet..

Quote by Muphin
I take the strings off before I smash my guitars. I usually go through about 2 a week. It's mad fun.
Last edited by JesseWyllychuk at Jul 28, 2007,
yeah sorry, i don't even know why i wrote that
Quote by ledhendrix711
do u guys know where i can get guitar tabs ive bin lookin every where on the internet..

Quote by Muphin
I take the strings off before I smash my guitars. I usually go through about 2 a week. It's mad fun.
The people who decided to make a trailer like that are very smart...they just knew that the internet would go crazy trying to figure out what it is. Looks neat...I was kind of thinking Godzilla haha.
Moar?
Everybody was thinking Godzilla. At ComicCon, Abrams said that it's time for America to have its own monster. Probably an original, but if not, I'm still hoping for Chtulu.
My guitar modification blog.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
That looks so damn awesome, can't wait, also can't wait to know what it is
WHITE STRIPES

Quote by Placenta_07
I look at boobs and bums and stuff I get really horny and stuff.

PARTY OF SPECIAL THINGS TO DO
Looks pretty cool. Bet you it's a dragon.
I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A poor Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!

Dave Mustaine Kill List:
Draken
WinterMadness79
Dirge Humani
MrGuitar123
RHCP94
Coins
Magnus_Maximus
There's rumours it's Voltron movie, also if you listen really really carefully at one point someone yells "It's a lion. It's huge" so that gives a reason to the rumours. God damn I'm actually excited to see movie for once in forever now

Edit: nevermind the lion thing He's saying "it's alive" not "It's a lion"
WHITE STRIPES

Quote by Placenta_07

Last edited by jack_the_ripper at Jul 27, 2007,
it's not anything we already know of i don't think.... abrams said america needs its own monster movie, like japan with godzilla, so i think we're going to be dealing with something original (hopefully)... he said it will be "insane and intense".... this movie hopefully won't be a let down, because it has potential to be great with the hype its getting from its first trailer and poster
Quote by jack_the_ripper
There's rumours it's Voltron movie, also if you listen really really carefully at one point someone yells "It's a lion. It's huge" so that gives a reason to the rumours. God damn I'm actually excited to see movie for once in forever now

Damn... you had my hopes all up, then i quote you and see it had been edited to add that you missheard If it was a Voltron movie, I would be in that theater in 2 shakes of shakira's ass.
Quote by Vermintide
Welcome all comers, with open arms and a wagging tail

Member #5 of the Mighty Boosh Appreciation Society PM *Juno* to join

Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: The Pop N' Locker of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati
^indeed I miss Voltron, but then again maybe I misheard the second time?
WHITE STRIPES

Quote by Placenta_07

They are making a Voltron film though (or so rumour has it) Summer '08

Next they need a Road Rovers movie; I would be freakin stoked. But; they'd prolly **** it up by making it CG or live action... it would have to be good ole hand animated. Anyone agree/remember Road Rovers? Probly not
Quote by Vermintide

Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: The Pop N' Locker of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati
i figured it out, its a giant chupacabra that shoots fire out of its mouth
Quote by jazkel24

Any bands you're trying to copy/sound like?
Quote by Hpda5121
i figured it out, its a giant chupacabra that shoots fire out of its mouth

Do you know how cool that would be? El Chpacabra!!! run!!!! *flamesplosion*

Quote by Metal0Maniac
It's Iron Man, duh.

But aren't they being pretty open about everything with Iron Man? Like, just calling it Iron Man, or Plastering his superbadass armor on stuff?
Quote by Vermintide

I have a slight feeling the movie might not stand upto the people's expectations

Like thats a lot of publicity for the movie... Releasing a really vague trailer 6months before the release of the movie.
People are gonna expect a lot from the movie when it releases. If it ends up to be just another slightly above average monster movie, people are gonna hate it!!

The movie's gotta be amazing after that much publicity for people to actually like it... and thats quite a tough job for the flim crew!

I doubt they'll be able to pull it off big... last thing we want another crappy invasion movie like tom cruise's war of the worlds....

Oh and from Wiki about Cloverfield:
Paramount Pictures secretly greenlighted the project "Cloverfield" to be produced by J. J. Abrams, directed by Matt Reeves, and written by Drew Goddard.[1] For the film, Abrams conceived of a new monster after he and his son visited a toy store in Japan that had Godzilla toys.[4] The casting process was also carried out in secret, with no script being sent out to candidates. It has been confirmed that Michael Stahl-David, Odette Yustman, Mike Vogel and Lizzy Caplan star in the movie. With production estimated to have a budget of $30 million, filming began in mid-June in New York.[1] Location filming, using hand-held video cameras, has taken place on Coney Island, with scenes being shot at Deno's Wonder Wheel Amusement Park and the B&B Carousel.[5] One report asserts that the film will not be "a sequel or a remake" of any previous motion picture.[6]

Its apparently some new monster Abrams came up with...
Last edited by af_the_fragile at Jul 27, 2007,
Quote by af_the_fragile
I have a slight feeling the movie might not stand upto the people's expectations

Like thats a lot of publicity for the movie... Releasing a really vague trailer 6months before the release of the movie.
People are gonna expect a lot from the movie when it releases. If it ends up to be just another slightly above average monster movie, people are gonna hate it!!

The movie's gotta be amazing after that much publicity for people to actually like it... and thats quite a tough job for the flim crew!

I doubt they'll be able to pull it off big... last thing we want another crappy invasion movie like tom cruise's war of the worlds....

war of the worlds was a good movie, but the fact that tom cruise is in it sucks
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
Quote by af_the_fragile

That quote still leaves room open for Chtulu. There hasn't been a movie about him. But it's probably something Abrams came up with.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
Im willing to bet it is Chtulu
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Quote by Wolven
Do you know how cool that would be? El Chpacabra!!! run!!!! *flamesplosion*

But aren't they being pretty open about everything with Iron Man? Like, just calling it Iron Man, or Plastering his superbadass armor on stuff?

Iron Man of Black Sabbath fame, not Marvel/DC fame.
-VOTE HERE-
[x ] ROOSEVELT

[x ] WILSON
Quote by SGstriker
Im willing to bet it is Chtulu

It would be awsome if it were Cthulu. Also has anyone look into that Slusho thing, I heard it had something to do with the movie.
Quote by diminishedtobme
It would be awsome if it were Cthulu. Also has anyone look into that Slusho thing, I heard it had something to do with the movie.

http://www.slusho.jp

It is part of the movie. It has been confirmed. Apparently there's an ARG going on with it. You can learn more at http://forums.unfiction.com/forums/index.php?f=227
Quote by MuffinMan
Quote by Metal0Maniac
Iron Man of Black Sabbath fame, not Marvel/DC fame.

Ooooooh... ok.. I think Iron Man is on Marvel cant remem, but a movie about Black Sabbath's Iron Man cpuld be cool... like, just make the story of Iron Man play out, and have him kill the people he once saved.
Quote by Vermintide

Quote by Black Star
http://www.slusho.jp

It is part of the movie. It has been confirmed. Apparently there's an ARG going on with it. You can learn more at http://forums.unfiction.com/forums/index.php?f=227

I thought Slusho was a monster or something lol
I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A poor Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!

Dave Mustaine Kill List:
Draken
WinterMadness79
Dirge Humani
MrGuitar123
RHCP94
Coins
Magnus_Maximus
it's not godzilla, the character of godzilla is retired until 2013
Quote by ledhendrix711

Quote by Muphin
isn't chtulu a water monster? i haven't read the lovecraft story, so sorry if i'm wrong. and as for what the monster is, i'd say thundercats.
I will fuc
Quote by jack_the_ripper

Really? Sounds like lion to me.
Statue of Liberty comes alive...

And owns the city...

I don't know why, but I get a feeling that's exactly what's going to happen.
I saw the trailer on YouTube.
I remember not being able to find it anywhere..
...And The Nominees Are
Stuff done with handheld cameras is usually pretty powerful at capturing the action, like a few of the scenes in Children of Men
Drive me home Jeeves
Quote by saintjimmy99
isn't chtulu a water monster? i haven't read the lovecraft story, so sorry if i'm wrong. and as for what the monster is, i'd say thundercats.

TBH, I was thinking that would be the next cartoon of my youth to be granted a movie.
Wow that looks totally frikkin awesome. I swear to god if it's a PG15 I'm gonna bust a nut, coz I'm 15 like 20 days after it comes out.

Quote by Renka
Statue of Liberty comes alive...

And owns the city...

I don't know why, but I get a feeling that's exactly what's going to happen.

But the statue of liberty's head just came flying off...Maybe the monster was planted inside the statue by aliens?

I bet my rig that there are aliens involved which invade.

Was surfin, found http:// http://www.aintitcool.com/node/33104

Last edited by Bennetts_strat at Jul 28, 2007,
Quote by Bennetts_strat
But the statue of liberty's head just came flying off...Maybe the monster was planted inside the statue by aliens?

I bet my rig that there are aliens involved which invade.

Was surfin, found http:// http://www.aintitcool.com/node/33104

thats a hell of an idea that would make sense
Page 1 of 2